Marantz Sr5006 - Jump in ? ...where to audition in Bangalore ?

anilkc2000

After some amount of on/off explorations on forums+reviews (and continuing procrastination + some serious bloat beyond planned budget), my AVR search has now sorta docked at SR5006 ( prior pursuit was Denon 1912).

Few Qs:
1. Any idea where I can audition this in Bangalore (preference S Blore)? I called up Mr Palani of AudioPlanet but he has only SR6006 which he says is of same sound signature and should suffice (but he was also prompting me a CA model). Lokesh (Home Theatre Store) doesn't have any demo stock and mentioned that after the GroupBuy deal here ( kicking myself again for missing that GB price :-(), some dealers are hesitating to take stock. Any help/suggestion will be appreciated.

2. Any inputs from SR5006 owners on what they are liking ( didn't find a owner's thread in search)...I will post a seperate thread on speaker setup after I close the AVR part. (one at a time for now :) )

3. Any journey inputs from ones who are romancing SR5006 from a distance(like me :)) will be welcome...audition inputs, prices/deals, dealers in Blore etc.

4. If I fail to get a decent price in Blore, I might have an option to get friends who are travelling to pick this up from either Dubai ( DSF price was around 40K) or Singapore(not sure of price). Any advice ? The price difference has to be worth the risk of not having the 1 year warranty. I am considering this option only because my AVR will mostly eat so much into my kitty that I won't be able to purchase speakers immediately. So any saving I make here will reduce the time AVR has to sit idle (and I have to wait to listen to better SQ)

Last edited:
Thanks Kittu. Alreadycontacted Lokesh (Home Theatre Store). They don't have any demo stock and mentioned that after the GroupBuy deal here, some dealers are hesitating to take stock. Otherwise would have been great; the store is nearby.

Now planning to drive down to Cinebels in Lavale road sometime today. Will also see the sleek NR series.

The Phoenix mall Cinebels has 5006 on demo.

I own one for about a month now and am quite happy. It is a big step up from Yamaha RXV463 that I had previously. The Yammy was a very musical AVR but Marantz has a very sophisticated sound that it typically Marantz, slightly warm but not muddy. The edgy sound (read slightly bright) of Yamaha was absent and the Bass is more taut.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back