Marantz SR5006 Seeking suggestions

Dear Gurus
Im very new to this forum and from Hyderabad. With great anticipation seeking your suggestions.
I am in the plan of setting up a 5.1home theatre.
Due to budget constraint I am ok to go with good preowned AV RECEIVER & SPEAKERS.
Ihave stepped on MARANTZ SR5006 AV RECEIVER for 20k. 2012 owner got it from Ireland.
Pls share your feedback if its worth investment. Post which ican go for audition.
Thanks in advance..

Hi since you mentioned you are new to this forum you can mention your source details( Audio : Eg ;Bluray player/PC,CD player ,STbox, and Tv details) Hearing preference and size of your room and mainly budget.
Kindly look into the attached link Floor standers
Possible meet/Discuss with FM @Naveenbnc if you are ok with it finalize the deal
PS - I am nowhere related to seller
ATB
Happy Hunting !!!

Hi since you mentioned you are new to this forum you can mention your source details( Audio : Eg ;Bluray player/PC,CD player ,STbox, and Tv details) Hearing preference and size of your room and mainly budget.
Possible meet/Discuss with FM @Naveenbnc if you are ok with it finalize the deal
ATB
Happy Hunting !!!
Thanks Kalyan for your lead of TAGA. well appreciated. Could you also share your review on MARANTZ SR5006 and any Sub suggestions

If you already finalized there is no discussion on this.
If not finalized I would say Marantz 5006 is pretty old model you have to check thoroughly the AVR and remote.AVR life can be upto 5 - 6years MAX .purely IMO.
If your budget is the constraint you can look ( only if you dont wanna upgrade to 4k or Atmos speaker upgrade no osd ,no bluray for atmos pass thru and netflix kind of )Yamaha/pioneer starting model new one which comes for 23 -24k for your 5.1 budget(Assuming as small room to medium size room - you did not mentioned your source and listening area )
AVR technologies year on year it is changing after buying old one you should not be regretting on the same.
I have placed add for my Friends Pioneer VSX - LX 302 latest model for 39k slightly negotiable.VFM.
Its upto you to decide.

Pioneer VSX -LX 302

Btw reg Sub ,again it is budget and size of your room.
There is a owners thread in hfv for taga and bic have a look and decide

Well explained Kalyan.intending to set up the 5.1 in hall which is medium size. Secondly budget is 50-75k.Havent closed on MARANTZ SR5006 yet. Seeking gurus opinions on its performance as i am not keen on atmos effects nor 4K upgrade.

Well explained Kalyan.intending to set up the 5.1 in hall which is medium size. Secondly budget is 50-75k.Havent closed on MARANTZ SR5006 yet. Seeking gurus opinions on its performance as i am not keen on atmos effects nor 4K upgrade.

Personally I dont have hands on experience on Marantz SR5006.
There was some negative feedback aswell.
Link attached below.you can drop ur queries on Marantz owners thread aswell

Amazon.com review Marantz 5006.

Last edited:
marantz 5006 is a decent receiver for small to medium size rooms. You need to check if its functioning fully and buy from a known source. You can match speakers from what is available preowned.

Due to budget constraint I am ok to go with good preowned AV RECEIVER & SPEAKERS.
Ihave stepped on MARANTZ SR5006 AV RECEIVER for 20k. 2012 owner got it from Ireland.

If budget is a constraint, and since you are not looking beyond 5.1, Marantz SR 5006 is worth considering.. Since the receiver is old, suggest you to physically check it & then pick it up..

It has Aduyssey MUlti EQ XT calibration set-up, which is the same found in newer budget models and worth it..

Edited :

Last edited:
If budget is a constraint, and since you are not looking beyond 5.1, Marantz SR 6009 is worth considering.. Since the receiver is old, suggest you to physically check it & then pick it up..

It has Aduyssey MUlti EQ XT calibration set-up, which is the same found in newer budget models and worth it..
Would you relook and suggest as the model is Marantz SR5006.

If budget is a constraint, and since you are not looking beyond 5.1, Marantz SR 6009 is worth considering.. Since the receiver is old, suggest you to physically check it & then pick it up..

@elangoas he is planning to pull the trigger on SR5006 not the SR6009 Fyi

ATB
Happy Hunting !!!
Thanks bro. Picked the suggested TAGA package.

Im storming to pick a right sub for Marantz SR5006 with TAGA 606 SE. Unable to find any preowned subs. Quite confused with the frequencies mentioned againt each model and make. Gurus, please pull me out and suggest the frequencies that im supposed to go for. Appreciated if you suggest the make and model too.

Back