Marantz SR5013 (or something else ?)

sunith

All:

Finally my Onkyo Receiver went bad.. and I am looking for a new A/V Receiver for my Home Theater setup.
I am using QAcoustics 3050 for F, R and C, Sunfire as Sub, and Taga Harmony for Surrounds in a dedicated (and treated) 12X20 Room.

Had listened to the Marantz SR5013 earlier, and sounded awesome. MRP is 109K. Lowest authorized dealer offer is 60K (Music Ranch, Bangalore). Any feedback on Music Ranch ? I know there are grey market products out there. He told with Bill and Warranty. Still skeptical as the prices is way too off from the MRP.
So, 2 questions ...

Q1 - Is this a good price ?
Q2 - Is this receiver a good option (or are there any other similar ones to explore before finalizing) ?

Some Grey market deals work out well.....some dont....

In terms of the AVR, it is good.....what is your use preference? Music more and movies less or is it the other way round?

If Music More then Marantz ,,,Yamaha works well.....if more into movies.....Denon ...Pioneer are good

Check specs....audition where possible and then take a call

All:

Finally my Onkyo Receiver went bad.. and I am looking for a new A/V Receiver for my Home Theater setup.
I am using QAcoustics 3050 for F, R and C, Sunfire as Sub, and Taga Harmony for Surrounds in a dedicated (and treated) 12X20 Room.

Had listened to the Marantz SR5013 earlier, and sounded awesome. MRP is 109K. Lowest authorized dealer offer is 60K (Music Ranch, Bangalore). Any feedback on Music Ranch ? I know there are grey market products out there. He told with Bill and Warranty. Still skeptical as the prices is way too off from the MRP.
So, 2 questions ...

Q1 - Is this a good price ?
Q2 - Is this receiver a good option (or are there any other similar ones to explore before finalizing) ?
You have a dedicated and treated room. Size also is good so go for a 9 channel avr. 5.2.4 will be awesome. Don’t rush your purchase. Go for the Marantz 6013. I got Denon 2400 in grey and it’s been a year and not a single issue I have faced so far.

If you look at the features Denon x3500 has more features than Marantz SR 5013 for a slightly more price. I have heard the Marantz but still waiting to audition Denon x3500.

I would suggest going with the most powerful one you can afford.
I'm using the SR6013 and it was very good for 5.1 but after installing 4 ceiling speakers for Atmos duty, just feel the front three channels seem dynamically compressed.
Speakers are:
Anthony Gallo Stradas LCR
Anthony Gallo Adiva Surrounds L/R
Anthony Gallo Micro Atmos(4)

I'll be adding an Anthem MCA30 to power the fronts. That should open things up. Will update here

I would suggest going with the most powerful one you can afford.
I'm using the SR6013 and it was very good for 5.1 but after installing 4 ceiling speakers for Atmos duty, just feel the front three channels seem dynamically compressed.
Speakers are:
Anthony Gallo Stradas LCR
Anthony Gallo Adiva Surrounds L/R
Anthony Gallo Micro Atmos(4)

I'll be adding an Anthem MCA30 to power the fronts. That should open things up. Will update here

Unlike high-end an Arcam/Anthem, pretty much all mid-seg Denon/Marantz/Pio/Yalu inflate their amplification figures. Period.

Given that scene, if I were to be in your position, would have definitely added additional amp, else it’s a case of many cubs to feed resulting in all ending malnourished.

Been using flagship Marantz, sound sweeter than rest to my ears ofc), but won’t trust them to drive 9.1. Try get hold of old inexpensive amp to power atnos, as most content won’t have 7/9/11 channel recording, and even if some do that’d be at best 10% of title where atmos will fire up, and when it does its effects (rain, bomb etc) not music per se. Unless one has insanely sensitive ear or cash to spare investing huge in atmos would be akin to investing in 8K TV (not much content). A used mid-level amp (say 20k) will be more than AMPLE. That’d be money well spent. Rest of course is your call

Sunith,

Typical Marantz series (not slimline) starts with 50xx, followed by 6, 7 and now even 8. I think hitting at 5013 is low, should up ur game to 6012/6013. 6012 would be cheaper & better, unless 6013 has come up with something discreetly specific & new. Mere adding channel and/or 5-10W per channel is more of marketing gimmick than substance! That said, going up in series has notable differences - say 7 series clearly better than 5/6 in some aspects of not all.

Coming to grey market product: Unless one knows the Seller, it’s a risk. Contact MZ Audio Mumbai (Akbar), they are the main authorised Marantz distributor in India. Price he will give should be best. Take that as bass, and then check if grey sourcing is meaty enough or not. But tread with caution if it’s grey.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back