Marantz SR5013 vs Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1080

coolraghav

Hello,

I am confused between both. I have four FS Speakers to be given output. One is Q Acoustics 1 series and other is Monitor Audio Bronze and MA center as well.

I am planning to install 2 outdoor speakers (as zone 2) probably Jamo ( https://www.jamo.com/products/i-o-5 ) or Community Pro V2-8 (https://www.communitypro.com/products/vseries/v2-8) with second LFE output which will be provided current as required. Could you guys suggest me any other as well which are easily available in Delhi ? -- Jamo is 50% cheaper.

Confusion is between Marantz SR 5013 and Yamaha A1080, I need power basically, the Denon AVR-2113 i am using currently trips mostly at very loud sound that could also be because of ventilation or maybe wires too but it does heat up which I am planning to resolve this time in the cabinet... by using a fan as well ..please suggest a fan too ?

Marantz is quite cheaper than YAMAHA that is the reason which is pushing me towards it, rest I have no knowledge.

Looking forward to your suggestions!

Last edited:
Confusion is between Marantz SR 5013 and Yamaha A1080, I need power basically,

You may consider one more AVR to your list, Denon x 3500 around the same price as the other models in consideration, also has pre-outs to add power amplifier..

Denon AVR-2113 i am using currently trips mostly at very loud sound that could also be because of ventilation or maybe wires too but it does heat up which I am planning to resolve this time in the cabinet... by using a fan as well ..please suggest a fan too ?

How loud do you push the AVR?.. What is the approx volume level on AVR display?..

You may consider one more AVR to your list, Denon x 3500 around the same price as the other models in consideration, also has pre-outs to add power amplifier..
How loud do you push the AVR?.. What is the approx volume level on AVR display?..
Sure, what are pros and cons if you could share ? Also Yamaha has sabre DAC will it make any performance change?

when party, 75-80 db or else no it doesn't trip... I am planning to use fan now!

Thanks for your revert

Last edited:
Denon has launched 3600 and it is a 9.2 channel avr and can process 11.2 with an external amplifier. For the price of yamaha 1080 you can easily go for the marantz 6013 which is again a 9.2 channel avr and can process 11.2 with an external amplifier.

Denon has launched 3600 and it is a 9.2 channel avr and can process 11.2 with an external amplifier. For the price of yamaha 1080 you can easily go for the marantz 6013 which is again a 9.2 channel avr and can process 11.2 with an external amplifier.

Hmm, But i really do not needed to add more speakers. All I need is power at higher volume without using the external amp.

Sure, what are pros and cons if you could share ?

Pros : Audyssey XT32, independent (dual) sub calibration (Sub EQ HT) feature.

Cons : I don't think any. I use the Denon x 3300..

Also Yamaha has sabre DAC will it make any performance change?

Am not sure if that would matter.. Denon / Marantz have equally good DAC..

when party, 75-80 db or else no it doesn't trip...

Ok.. Adding a power amplifier to AVR's pre-out could help for your requirement..

I am planning to use fan now!

Is the AVR inside a closed cabinet?.. Laptop fan on top of AVR for cooling is good, but it would also pull fine dust into the AVR..

If the AVR is well ventilated, then don't think any fan is reqd..

Does the 3500 have more power than yamaha 1080?

I might even use multi channel to give sound output to all 6 speakers with center off and 2 lfe output.
Power ratings for avr will be available only in 2 channel. At 8 ohms the yamaha is rated at 110w 0.06%THD, Marantz 100w 0.08%THD and denon 105w 0.08% THD. So all three are almost same with the yamaha marginally powerful at lower distortion. If you are willing to spend extra for the marginal difference you can go ahead

yamaha 1080 is higher model than 5013 and yamaha clearly wins in power and dynamics then marantz 5013.

Yes indeed, I am looking for powerful setup. Locally suppliers are still advising that it might trip if you are going to throw that much power... and I should use power amp. which model of power amp is advised?

Yes indeed, I am looking for powerful setup. Locally suppliers are still advising that it might trip if you are going to throw that much power... and I should use power amp. which model of power amp is advised?
If you are going for a power amp best is to go for the marantz 5013or 3500 save some money and get an emotiva bassx 500 which is a 5 channel power amplifier. Mrp is 63k should be available for 50-52K with discounts

Yeah there is no alternative to power amp but the model ur considering in that yamaha wins anytime.

Currently it is replaced by the A3080. It has all the bells and whistles and a worthy AVR for 90K. The sound signature will be Big, powerful and punchy.
Yes, it has been replaced by the current series but I see not much of different and guess maybe I won't even require a power amp then at 70db levels.

Definitely worth 90k.

Thanks! Lets hope I am able to grab the deal.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back