Marantz SR5015 LCR pre-outs

nirvanaaaah

Hello all,
I bought a Marantz SR5015 around a month back. I was planning to hook the LCR channels to a external power amplifier (most probably O&B audio's 3 channel power amp).
Today, I tested and demoed the AVR's L and R pre outs with O&B's 2 channel power amp and it sounded good, but a 3 channel power amp was not available so could not demo it.

I was about to order a 3 channel power amp, but then I could not find clear instructions or information whether it's possible to do a selective pre-out of LCR on SR 5015 model. Also, I could not find any settings on my AVR that allows me to do so.
Could any of you share your experience on whether it is actually possible to do a selective pre-out on SR5015?

AFAIK, the top models of Marantz SR series (8015) support this.

Last edited:
@spirovious Unable to find any info on this in the manual. All it says is "You can use this unit as a pre-amp by connecting an external power amplifier to the PRE OUT connectors. By adding a power amplifier to each channel, the realness of the sound can be further enhanced"
Link
What I am confused about is do I need to add all 7 pre outs to an amplifier, or can I just connect the LCR and let the AVR drive the rest of the surrounds?

@spirovious Unable to find any info on this in the manual. All it says is "You can use this unit as a pre-amp by connecting an external power amplifier to the PRE OUT connectors. By adding a power amplifier to each channel, the realness of the sound can be further enhanced"
Link
What I am confused about is do I need to add all 7 pre outs to an amplifier, or can I just connect the LCR and let the AVR drive the rest of the surrounds?
You can connect the LCR to the preouts and have the AVR drive the rest, no problem.

This confused me. I thought you want to use sr5015 in preamp mode.
Yes, sorry, I just realised that I was not clear.
Just to rephrase, I want to use my SR5015 as a preamp only for LCR channels by connecting the LCR pre outs on my AVR to an external power amplifier.

Yes, sorry, I just realised that I was not clear.
Just to rephrase, I want to use my SR5015 as a preamp only for LCR channels by connecting the LCR pre outs on my AVR to an external power amplifier.
possible. You add power amp for only as much channels you want. REst will be driven by AVR

Hello all,
I bought a Marantz SR5015 around a month back. I was planning to hook the LCR channels to a external power amplifier (most probably O&B audio's 3 channel power amp).
Today, I tested and demoed the AVR's L and R pre outs with O&B's 2 channel power amp and it sounded good, but a 3 channel power amp was not available so could not demo it.

I was about to order a 3 channel power amp, but then I could not find clear instructions or information whether it's possible to do a selective pre-out of LCR on SR 5015 model. Also, I could not find any settings on my AVR that allows me to do so.
Could any of you share your experience on whether it is actually possible to do a selective pre-out on SR5015?

AFAIK, the top models of Marantz SR series (8015) support this.
It should be fine, I do the same with the 5 bed channels using a 5 channel power amp and the rest run via the marantz 6015

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back