Marantz sr7005 on sale on classified section

MaSh

Would rather keep this wonderful amp then selling it for below 40k.

Do that. Don't sell that amp. Upgrade your speakers and you should have a wonderful setup.

MaSh

Moderator's Note
Posts other than sale related discussion have been branched off as a separate thread in line with forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do that. Don't sell that amp. Upgrade your speakers and you should have a wonderful setup.

MaSh
I think considering the price for sr7013 i.e 1.7 lac after discount, its wiser to keep running this amp for few more years as i dont really care about 4k and all the gimmicky features that current generation amps offer. This amplifier has served me well for 4 years and I don't think current generation amps offer that durability. So yeah, might keep this specially after getting such horrible offers from low ballers.

I think considering the price for sr7013 i.e 1.7 lac after discount, its wiser to keep running this amp for few more years as i dont really care about 4k and all the gimmicky features that current generation amps offer. This amplifier has served me well for 4 years and I don't think current generation amps offer that durability. So yeah, might keep this specially after getting such horrible offers from low ballers.
Spot on. Hold on to it for a year or two more till the new codecs are more concrete and enough content to utilise them.

MaSh

If 4k and the latest gimmicks dont appeal then it makes perfect sense to keep the AVR....that too the high end top model.....

Change the speakers and get some other brand speakers.....you will definitely be amazed to see how this AVR really performs....

It is sad that there are really bad low ballers around who may not really understand the product and value.......it happens everywhere.......most of the time i find members (sometimes myself too) selling outside the forum.

If 4k and the latest gimmicks dont appeal then it makes perfect sense to keep the AVR....that too the high end top model.....

Change the speakers and get some other brand speakers.....you will definitely be amazed to see how this AVR really performs....

It is sad that there are really bad low ballers around who may not really understand the product and value.......it happens everywhere.......most of the time i find members (sometimes myself too) selling outside the forum.
I have already bought dali opticon 6 front and opticon vokal centre. The only reason i put this amp up for sale was the doubt that this amp might not support the 4ohms speaker load as it is not mentioned anywhere on marantz official site about its 4ohms capability. But so far so good. They are running perfectly fine and few other experts i've talked to also have recommended to run those dali's without hesitation on sr7005.

I guess sr7005 has enough power and should drive 4ohm speakers at moderate volume.Also new marantz avr lack sound refinement after HDAM implementation.SR7005 has huge sounstage which is missing in sr8012 to me.4k is not issue as if tv has arc or bdp has dual hdmi out.Yes atmos will be missing though.

SR7005 measurements

here is a graph I found in the above site.....

sr7005.jpg

The Explanation:
"This graph shows that the SR7005’s left channel, from CD input to speaker output with two channels driving 8-ohm loads, reaches 0.1 percent distortion at 121.5 watts and 1 percent distortion at 139.5 watts. Into 4 ohms, the amplifier reaches 0.1 percent distortion at 200.1 watts and 1 percent distortion at 222.6 watts".

You can use the SR7005 with 4 ohm nominal speakers, but you will have to be very careful with overloading it. Keep to under 20% to 25% of the max volume you did with your 8 ohm speakers. With prolonged usage at higher volumes, the amp can get fried.

Guys, a friend of mine is interested in swapping this amplifier with pioneer sc lx57. Does dali's match well with pioneer for music and movies?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back