Marantz UD5005 blu ray..great offer from hifimart but does it play 3d?

kray

Hi Guys,

please help me out. Hifimart seems to have a great offer for Marantz universal blu-ray plaryer UD5005, its available only for 16.5 K!!

However, its not clear whether it plays 3D out of the box or I would need to download the firmaware manually to make it 3D capable.

Also, I would request forum members to post their feedback on this model. Is it good enough for blu ray playback than mass market brands (Pana 220, Sony s590 etc.)?

Guys, please help me out.

Cheers!

Cmon guys, 77 views and still no input? Please help me out as I think the.price is extremely attrActive fora premium blu ray player.

Looks like a steal deal. However, please note the following. I think for the price it really looks sweet.

However some things that I noted

1. I don't think it can play FLAC from USB or CD-R
2. Also there is no mention of MKV playback.
3. It uses a EI power transformer. I heard a toroidal power transformer is much better in AV components for reduced noise.
4. Has only 1 HDMI out. In case if you have an old AVR that doesn't support HDMI 1.4, and you want 3D video and HD audio, you will run into trouble. This is the same problem I have and I am going for a BD player that has 2 HDMI out puts - 1 for video and other for HD audio.
5. I am not sure about the quality of the DAC used in this player. If you want audiophile range analog out, you may want to look for a more premium CD/BD player.

I think if you are not bothered about the above points, I think you can go for it.

-John.

Got a reply from Hifimart, it doesnt play 3d out of the box :sad:

Guys, has anyone downloaded firmware and it worked perfectly for this system? Please help me out.

I am in the process of setting up a small home theatre set-up, already bought Denon 1612 from Amazon for 19K. Now planning to buy matching speakers (FS+Sur+sub) for about 70-80K. And a good all region/A region 3d bluray will complete my setup.

However, I have overshot my budget already (as per my wife :eek:), so thought this Marantz model would be a great bargain. So please let me know about the firmware confusion.

Thanks deba, I will buy from hifimart if I am going for this model. Howevery, I am not very sure if the firmware works or available yet to.make it 3d.

This player has cinavia support. Would not be a problem if all you play are original blu rays. It will not play blu ray copies of discs that have cinavia protection. Also not sure if this restriction it extends to media played from the USB.
Read about it here Cinavia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to the wiki :
"Cinavia watermarking detection support became mandatory for all consumer Blu-ray players from 2012."

Assume I do pick up the UD5005 ...

Which region should I pick up Region A or Region C ?

Does it play Flac ?

I've got pretty lame knowledge of Blu Ray players and Discs :mad:

Last edited:
Flash, try getting Panasonic BDT500 if want flac support. It is not available in India, so need to import. US prices should be 15-18k.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

HI

Region C is for India .

Based on your buying habits ...take a call

The Blu-ray Disc region coding scheme divides the world into 3 regions, labeled A, B, and C.
Region code Area
A Includes most North, Central and South American and Southeast Asian countries plus the Republic of China (Taiwan), Japan, Hong Kong, Macau and Korea.
B Includes most European countries, African and Southwest Asian countries plus Australia and New Zealand.
C Includes the remaining central and south Asian countries, as well as the People's Republic of China and Russia.

I ordered the UD5005 (compulsive buy) and got it delivered last evening. Will post my comments/review once I play around with it

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back