Marantz Vs Akai Amps

denzong

Hi,

Need to know as to which is a better amp:

MARANTZ Amplifier PM450 or Akai AM-A102.

i know both are vintage but need to decide which is better. have to suggest to my friend therefore need the advice urgently.

thanks and regards

he is getting it from a guy selling his old pieces. he lives in siliguri therefore i need to advice him.
marantz coming for around 6500 and akai is coming for around 4000

yeah, have seen the ads for these amps on olx & quickr. Ask them for a demo as then you can judge which one is better + see the actual condition as pics put up on these sites are usually not of the actual item on sale.

The Marantz judging by the reviews available. Also it rates @ 50W RMS compared to Akai's 25W RMS (both @ 8 ohms). But ultimately one has to listen to both to find which works better for him/her.

Last edited:
Marantz will be warmer when compared to the Akai, Whats the speaker your friend is using. I think the Marantz should be a better buy.

regards

Glad to be of help. Pls do update us on which one your friend picks up & further info on how they both sound(if he gets a demo)

he should get a demo but he is not an avid listener so i doubt if he would be able to give that differentiation. he is getting in this cause i kinda winged my way in

listen first, then decide, if the amps have not been tampered with (or serviced with low quality indian spare parts of the counter), i'm sure that the marantz would outgun the akai...

I was dealing in seconds sales for several years in the past. I am aware of

of both these vitage models. It is undoutedly Marantz that sounded with

less distortion and powerful.Only thing you have to consider is the working

condition of the piece.

linn hifi

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back