Maratnz NP 7004 /ProJect Stream Box DS Network Audio Streamer /Cambridge Audio NP 30

roseboy24

Re: Maratnz NP 7004 /ProJect Stream Box DS Network Audio Streamer /Cambridge Audio NP

Forum Experts

kinldy suggest which is best and suitable from given catagory NEtwork player
some of able to play Flac 24/96Khz and only Steam box DS able to play 24/192 Khz Flac , bit confusded which should be Right choice ..

ProJect Stream Box DS Network Audio Streamer
Pro-Ject Stream Box DS Network Audio Streamer at Custom-Cable

NA7004Network Audio Player

Marantz US

or Cambridge Audio NP 30

Introducing the all-new NP30

Oour member Musicmaya can put his views since he is having NA7004.

Regards

Re: Maratnz NP 7004 /ProJect Stream Box DS Network Audio Streamer /Cambridge Audio NP

OK lets wait for his expert comment ..Thanks

I have also compare some technical details like Dacs which used by Cambridge Audio ....

DAC Wolfson WM8728 24-bit/96kHz capable

claming
Better than CD 24-bit/96kHz playback allowing the streaming of studio quality 24-bit WAV, PCM and FLAC downloads for an incredibly detailed musical experience.

Since Iam using AZUR 640 C ver 2 (2 x Wolfson WM8740 24-bit/192kHz DACs ) connected with Quad Elite pre and power Amp ...makes any diffrence against network Flac 24 Bit /96 Khz as compare to 24/192 Khz ...IS sound diffrence noticable or who has this support only hipes and not very much noticable sounds diffrence .
Thx

there was one streamer from Linn as well - sold by absolute phase in b'lore.

What are your priorities in terms of features/ SQ that may help u choose.

Last edited:

Thanks Anm for suggestions any pricing idea for there network players seems interestings specs 24/192Khz wav / flac support too as well .

I wish products should support 802.11 n wireless as well...

MusicMaya ...Thanks for comment very frank I have alraedy checked CDP 6003 with CACDP 640 Ver-2 which iam using curruntly and CA sounded very well and very clear notes .

but I never used and checked network player tried Apple airport express with Itnes flac /mp3 but still my CDP is winner .

going for demo today for NA np 30 then i will comment ,then soon for Maratnz 7004 ...

If you are limited on money ATM, I would say that you should go for a very good DAC instead of these streamers. You may use your cdp as a transport. You can also use a cheaper voyager linux based streamer - or squeezebox touch.

I have connected Extremer pro --as NAS and connected with Quad 22L2 for my 5.1 HT setup .
Where Iam also connected CDP 640 C Ver 2 with Quad Elite pre and power with Dali Mentor -2 with Apple Airport express --ITunes --can play audio files through my Ipad (Remote)
Iam exploring some good quality downloaded ( Flac and wav) files through my network --Through NAS ...evaluated today CA NP 30 also checked Marantz NA 7004 < Recently ordered Extremer Ultra as well :) .....but my choice audiophile sound with any network player with audiophile sound quality bit confused where I have seen wireless music player LINN /project stream box can played 24/192 decoding flac and wav files as compare with Cambridge NP30 and Marantz 7004 can decode only 24 /96 KHz .

and other hand can Atom Ion with epci 24/192 DAC card with Linux /XBMC HTPC stream, good quality sound same like network player NP 30 or Marantz 7004 >>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks for reading and so many thing involve in my decisions .

Dude, I had to read your post twice to know what you've decided. But what did you decide?

Added later:
But I'm really looking forward for your impressions and decisions on network streamers.

Thnx

Last edited:

Dear Kevain : I have decided to go Network player but confused which one good choice 192/24 Bit or Cambridge audio Np 30 or Marantz 7004 ...which only support 24/96KHz , i can extend my budget if any player comes near the cost for cambridge and Marantz ....

Why not go for a Music PC with Benchmark DAC? Satisfies both the criterias
  • Flac playback
  • Does 24/192

Only if you are willing to meet the moolah criteria;)

cheers!!
Kevian

Yesterday done apple to apple demo on Cambridge NP 30 and CDP 640 C ver 2

Setup 1 : CDP Cambridge 640 - speakers : Dali Mentor 2 - iCs vendunhul mk 111 Poweramp and PreAmp Quad elite series .
Setup 2 Network player Cambridge NP 30 and same speakers and ics power and preamp.

Conclusions : ripped original CDs 2 songs flac and wav format and played on network player and cdp same time and done comparison , sound quality is pretty good and very similar which delivered by direct CDP player and sometime confused sound comes via Cdp or network player while shifting source .

iPad control : Cambridge comes with UUVOL utlity which is proprietary software from Cambridge and can control full system , NAS , USB and over 20000 FM radios which deliveres very good sound ..while controlling NP 30 via iPad it's really frustrating and disconnected every 10 minutes and while selecting media files and playing through iPad system got rebooting again and again ...tried with wired device , wireless with very strong signals on iPad and network player problem remain same called supplied today for rectifying the problem if there is any software fixes or upgrade .

Any suggestion and solution welcome .

Thanks In advance for reading .

Vicks .

Last edited:

Finally issues is resolved ...its BUG on UUVOL Ipad utility which is Fixed now and playing system flawlessly and finally I have added this beauty on my setup .

Thanks for help and suggestions .

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back