Marshal stanmore 2 or Yamaha yas 209 soundbar

Get2Ricky

Hi
I am looking for a compact system for my shop under budget of 35k for pure Music listening only. Need something good with brilliant sound clarity even at lower volume.

Shortlisted 2 of these, just confused which would be better option.

Marshal stanmore 2
Yamaha yas 209 sound bar with sub

I am getting both at same price of 30k

Please suggest which would be better for music?

Since its music listening the answer is marshall. Now that the stanmore 3 is out take a look at that too. In that price do read up about the q acoustics M20 HD wireless

Since its music listening the answer is marshall. Now that the stanmore 3 is out take a look at that too. In that price do read up about the q acoustics M20 HD wireless
Stanmore 3 is outta budget tbh. And M20 HD demo is no where available so no idea how they are compared to marshal stanmore without a sub.

Stanmore 3 is outta budget tbh. And M20 HD demo is no where available so no idea how they are compared to marshal stanmore without a sub.
Does stanmore come with a sub? If you want out and out loudness the marshall will do that with ease, but if you want good sound quality the m20 HD has the upper hand, rest if there are any FM's using the m20 hd can share their experience

I think the use cases are slightly different.

Marshall Stanmore is a great Bluetooth portable speaker. Good for gentle listening or on a trip to carry.

Soundbars are slimmer come with a sub but are pretty much fixed.

Buy based on what your use case is.

M20 HD are available online at Hifimart as well as amazon.
Yeah but not available for demo
Does stanmore come with a sub? If you want out and out loudness the marshall will do that with ease, but if you want good sound quality the m20 HD has the upper hand, rest if there are any FM's using the m20 hd can share their experience
Loudness is not what I am looking for, only want the best sound quality at this price. You sure m20 HD without a sub better then marshal at this price?

I think the use cases are slightly different.

Marshall Stanmore is a great Bluetooth portable speaker. Good for gentle listening or on a trip to carry.

Soundbars are slimmer come with a sub but are pretty much fixed.

Buy based on what your use case is.
Which is better in music? Won't be moving once installed at my desk.

Depends on the listener and his preference.... But both are good with music as compared to yamaha soundbar since its meant for a different purpose. Marshall is fine if the music plays at the back and you go about your business but if you wanna sit and listen to music the m20 is the way to go or even the kef egg (if they till sell in India)

Depends on the listener and his preference.... But both are good with music as compared to yamaha soundbar since its meant for a different purpose. Marshall is fine if the music plays at the back and you go about your business but if you wanna sit and listen to music the m20 is the way to go or even the kef egg (if they till sell in India)
What about the base in m20? Is it as good as marshal stanmore 2 (took demo and liked it)?

What about the base in m20? Is it as good as marshal stanmore 2 (took demo and liked it)?
The stanmore 2 has more bass but the mids are muffled and treble also as smooth as easy to listen to. If you like it then go ahead with the stanmore 2 since all of us have a different take on sound and what we hear, trust your ears and go ahead.
The m20 HD is more balanced, more open and easy to listen to mid range and treble. Bass not as evident as the marshall nor is it as loud as the marshall.

I have a YAS 209 soundbar with wireless subwoofer. It is good for watching movies and Netflix, but I don't think it is good for listening music. It is basically a 2.1 system and I bought it nearly 2 years back. Can't you get anything newer? :) Just kidding.

I'd suggest speakers from Harman Kardon, B&O and Sonodyne as alternatives to stanmore. However, nationwide support is available for Yamaha. I have experienced it firsthand and Yamaha will be my first choice when I upgrade my HT.

I have a YAS 209 soundbar with wireless subwoofer. It is good for watching movies and Netflix, but I don't think it is good for listening music. It is basically a 2.1 system and I bought it nearly 2 years back. Can't you get anything newer? :) Just kidding.

I'd suggest speakers from Harman Kardon, B&O and Sonodyne as alternatives to stanmore. However, nationwide support is available for Yamaha. I have experienced it firsthand and Yamaha will be my first choice when I upgrade my HT.
Lol yeah I went today and rook some mode demos and accidently I took the demo of klipsch the three ii 😑 and damn now I am not liking stanmore anymore 🙃. I think I would be increasing my budget and going for klipsch only. It was terrific in detail as compared to stanmore.

The stanmore 2 has more bass but the mids are muffled and treble also as smooth as easy to listen to. If you like it then go ahead with the stanmore 2 since all of us have a different take on sound and what we hear, trust your ears and go ahead.
The m20 HD is more balanced, more open and easy to listen to mid range and treble. Bass not as evident as the marshall nor is it as loud as the marshall.
I get your point and well I think I would be going for klipsch the three ii as I took it's demo today and it destroyed stanmore except loudness. Need to increase the budget now 😑

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back