Mastered for iTunes from Apple

msagar

Finally, Apple officially acknowledges that "An ideal master will have 24-bit 96kHz resolution. These files contain more detail".

Also states "96/24 resolution is quickly becoming a standard format in the industry, and its also common to see higher resolution files, such as 192/24."

I hope to see high resolution music from Apple in coming years.

http://images.apple.com/itunes/mastered-for-itunes/docs/mastered_for_itunes.pdf

Last edited:
They have acknowledged what has been known in the industry for a while. This raises couple questions:

Will apple nix those device manufacturers that stream music from iP*s that dont support 96/24?
And also will they upcharge for these songs?

I wonder what they think "32-bit floating files are? I suppose this is the latest fad for protecting the digital data from environmental vibrations! :lol:

(and yes, I know they mean 32-bit floating-point)

They are asking for music to be supplied as 24/96, but
An iTunes Plus AAC file uses a sample
rate of 44.1kHz...
which means iTunes will still supply it as a 44.1 file. I think?

These days, I only use portable devices for the odd train/plane trip, a couple of times a year, so I don't have day-to-day listening experience with them. What's the opinion of members that do? Do high-res audio files make a difference on pocket portables, especially those designed as phones? Other than using up disc space?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back