Matching Amp for Pioneer speakers

kvandhi

Hi,
I am having 12 years old Pioneer bookshelf speaker(Made in Japan), following are
Specifications:
Pioneer S-P760V Speakers
* 3 ways speaker System
* Linear Power Response Technology
* Max Power: 100w
* Impedance: 8ohms

I am looking for some good powerful matching amplifier ,mostly second sale.
Currently i am using Pioneer A-204 stereo amp, with rated 45wpc.
But problem is ,when i am increasing 10 clock position, i am getting distorted and kind of rattle in speaker sound,
My question is do i need to stereo amp with > 100W (like 120WPC or 150WPC).
If so please suggest me . budget i am keeping it as 5k.

If you have an option to check your speakers with a friend who has a diff amp then it may be worth it. I suspect the speaker drivers and insulation might have come loose. It may not be an amp issue from the sounds of it.

Hi,
I am having 12 years old Pioneer bookshelf speaker(Made in Japan), following are
Specifications:
Pioneer S-P760V Speakers
* 3 ways speaker System

I am looking for some good powerful matching amplifier ,mostly second sale.
Currently i am using Pioneer A-204 stereo amp, with rated 45wpc.
But problem is ,when i am increasing 10 clock position, i am getting distorted and kind of rattle in speaker sound,
My question is do i need to stereo amp with > 100W (like 120WPC or 150WPC).
If so please suggest me . budget i am keeping it as 5k.

Now i facing an issue with my speaker Pioneer S-P760V Speakers
* 3 ways speaker System

The audio of Left speaker is totally distorted and strange noise from it.

Is any authorised repair center or reliable repair center in chennai for Pioneer.
Please share with me.

Swap your speakers and check which channel has the problem. If it is with the left channel then the problem is with your amp. It may be due to dust accumulated in the volume control. Open the amp and clean the volume control using isopropyle alcohol or petrol.

A quick search on google with the speaker number you mentioned helped me seeing what speakers you have.

What you have is a pair of speakers taken out of a mass market, Pioneer BPC midi system. Aren't these the speakers you have?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-Pr-Black-Pioneer-100w-speakers-see-description-/220805521133

These speakers don't deserve any nicely designed amplifiers, they get sold for much less that $10, in most of the countries... I would suggest that, you hunt down a pair of proper speakers that are designed to be used with component/separates. May be 80s and 90s vintage will just do fine if you are on a budget... I think, you should be able to get yourself a decent pair of used speakers with in 8K-10K INR budget in India. Here in Singapore $100SGD to $150SGD will get yourself a nice pair of mid 90s or early 2000s vintage speakers.

Few 80s/90s vintage brands you can check out are, Wharfedale Diamond 8.1s, Mordaunt short MS series, Polk Audio Monitor5 series, Mission 780s etc...

Ron
P.S:- Do not attempt to fix the existing speakers as they are not worth it... And if you go for a high power amp above 100, you can literally fry them...

Ron,
You are correct, i bought this as along with Pioneer 25 CD changed in Mustafa on Jul-1997. Since my center unit is not working , i was using it as BS with pioneer used amp which i bought for 5K in chennai.

Thanks for your input, instead of fixing this, i have to start my hunt in chennai for Used speakers/amp for my stero setup.

I do have bose companion3 ,but i am not interested to listen it as stereo.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back