Matching speakers and cables for rega brio-r amp

rupy

Dear Fellow enthus,
I have zeroed onto the Rega Brio aamp.Now I am looking for expert advice for matching speakers(FS/BS):mad:,interconnects,power cable,speaker cables.I like all genres of music,and would want the associated equipment to let the amp bloom.
Thanks.

...Well this is the amp I have in mind. It will go well with BS speakers.

helium
CA 640c V2 / SB Classic + Sansui AU-317 + Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary LE / Vintage B&W DM4 + Pure Silver cables= Music

The Rega RS3 FS are a good match with the amp. Synergy will also help.

What's the source? If you don't have one then you can consider the Rega CDP from HifiMart... or better still the Rega DAC for a PC based setup. Have not heard the CDP but I've heard the DAC and its really good.

Sorry for being OT.

@musicbee:
I think you had mentioned earlier that you had a chance to audition the W4S Dac2 as well. How does the Rega DAC compare to the W4S?. In general, from your posts, looks like you had the opportunity to listen to several DACs and IIRC you own the M1 DAC as well, can you please compare the different DACs that you had a chance to audition so that it might help.

Thanks.

The Rega RS3 FS are a good match with the amp.

+1 to that. Both the Rega RS1 Bookshelf or the Rega RS3 Floorstander should be a good match. Both these speakers are available through HFV Mart.

A couple of folks in Audiokarma have paired the Rega with the Quad 11L Classic (the Classics are the latest iteration of the Quad series), and have found the combination to be a good one. I have heard the Quad 11L Classic, and it is a very good speaker at it's price point.

Best,
APK.

Sorry for being OT.

@musicbee:
I think you had mentioned earlier that you had a chance to audition the W4S Dac2 as well. How does the Rega DAC compare to the W4S?. In general, from your posts, looks like you had the opportunity to listen to several DACs and IIRC you own the M1 DAC as well, can you please compare the different DACs that you had a chance to audition so that it might help.

Thanks.

Wyred 4 Sound is the best of the lot. Lots of detail and dynamics. The Rega DAC is very musical, a little less in detail when compared with the W4S but you are comparing two DACs at different price points.

I'm happy with the M1DAC... its better than the PS3 I have and also improves on both the Asus Xonar STX and VDAC. It has got good soundstage and also opens up the music a fair bit.

For under 20K the Asus wins hands down. PS3 and Oppo can challenge most DACs in the under 35K range and I'd rather spend on either of them for the "additional features".

Today, I'd go with the Rega DAC over the M1DAC. The Rega is more musical, more rich and sort of envelops you while the MF series is more dry/analytical and focuses more on detail. You would be a happy camper with either one.

The W4S DAC2 is the best that I've heard both at its price and also for over its budget. Its truly great VFM and will redefine your music collection. It opens up the music and the detail is truly amazing.

I will be upgrading to the W4S or the Benchmark DAC1 (pending an audition).

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back