Matching speakers for Arcam A39

vinothkumar

Hi people,
Recently acquired an Arcam Fmj A39 intergrated amp which is hooked up with polk tsx 110 for now. So looking for best matching bookshelves or towers.
Room size is 12*20 and budget is not a constraint for a good pair. Also seeking for Dac... Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Hi people,
Recently acquired an Arcam Fmj A39 intergrated amp which is hooked up with polk tsx 110 for now. So looking for best matching bookshelves or towers.
Room size is 12*20 and budget is not a constraint for a good pair. Also seeking for Dac... Thanks in advance.

My audition choice will be as follows ,but really don't know whether it will be available for audition.
KEF LS50
KEF R series
B&W
Dali Opticon 6/8
Dali Rubicon 5/6
Focal

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Thanks Rajith.

I have already auditioned the KEF LS50 which lacks in bass reproduction.
Tried the B&W 683 s2 with arcam A32 which was very good smooth sounding speakers but mids were slightly not that good. but I still have this in my mind.

Others are not available for demo.

Any other inputs? Read some reviews and watched few youtube videos about kef r500 and r700. They both sounded well though i cant decide without auditioning in person.

Any opinions?

The KEF LS50 needs to be paired well and i am surprised at the "lack of bass"

what was the source anyway ?
Flac and wav played by pioneer bdp180 with denon 1520. Mids and highs were awesone but surely lacked in bass.

Flac and wav played by pioneer bdp180 with denon 1520. Mids and highs were awesone but surely lacked in bass.

i am not surprised

but i am surprised to see the comment - less bass - when the source is less than adequate

please re-visit with better source and you may be in for a surprise

good luck

i am not surprised

but i am surprised to see the comment - less bass - when the source is less than adequate

please re-visit with better source and you may be in for a surprise

good luck
I took all my hires songs and even played few cds. What I meant was that it produced tight bass which is good but low frequencies i was not satisfied considering the cost of a Lakh.

how much LF can you hear ?

you may have played CD's but a BDP is not one i would test the system on.

But thats me.

I am not being rude here..

Any speaker this size will have its limitations - just lime your budget is limited ( and most of ours are too )

larger speakers will do more bass but less definition and texture

cant have it all

take your pick

regards

how much LF can you hear ?

you may have played CD's but a BDP is not one i would test the system on.

But thats me.

I am not being rude here..

Any speaker this size will have its limitations - just lime your budget is limited ( and most of ours are too )

larger speakers will do more bass but less definition and texture

cant have it all

take your pick

regards
I too agree that bd player does not have analog out as it gives only 200mVrms.

For such a pricey speaker, would not I want what I wish to have?

consider this - more than some would consider Rs 1L to be at the bottom end of decent speakers.

what i am trying to convey is - you are unable to judge a speakers if the source is not upto the mark.

Its a simple point

Ofcourse - i wish you get what you are looking for and get value for money spent.

I am looking coldly at the process - thats all.

Once you try in a good chain then the judgment can be made and certainly not for stereo speakers run off a BDP

my object of chasing you on these posts is to help you with some more clear thinking.

I always welcome your opinions mpw.

I know a decent dac will make significant difference in SQ but we cant weigh less the BD180.

I will do onething, I will take my amp and test it with a decent dac. I will share my experience once it is done.

Posting here after ages! Exactly what happens when your better half is out of town and you're totally jobless on a Sunday afternoon :)

I've never been a fan of b&w: dull across the board and not worth the premium they charge.
Do check out Dali, as others have mentioned. They have a decent tonality.
Triangle are quirky speakers; they're French, after all! But the midband is delightful and you may like them.
Trust you are carrying your amp for the auditions? If possible, try and get a home demo. The room/speaker interaction is probably the most important factor of all.

Good luck, and enjoy the hunt!

Let me check about it. Thanks for your input.

MA Silver sound pretty amazing with Arcam ; last I checked, Hyderabad Audio Video people showroom has MA Silver for audition. Alternatively you can visit my place with your amp on a weekend.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back