Matt gray fibre glass screen installed

Premblr

Hi Members,

Here is a new screen available in AliExpress which I installed myself. This one costed me around 20USD + 30USD shipment and another 1300 as import charges by FedEX. The size is 120 inches. It comes in a roll.

IMG_20191029_073219.jpg

I installed it an aluminium frame using L flat brackets and then stuck it on frame. This one cannot be bend as it is a thick sheet, thats why pasted it. Then I painted the tie holes black.

IMG_20191029_135359.jpg

IMG_20191029_124734.jpg

IMG_20191030_223508.jpg

IMG_20191105_160925.jpgIn one picture you can see the difference between white wall and screen. The white light doesnt get dispersed like in wall.
IMG_20191031_000344.jpg
Projector is a 6 year old AcerH5370BD.

Now let the pictures do the talking. This is a good screen which does not have viewing angle issues. Gives amazing black levels and picture.

IMG_20191105_164054.jpg

IMG_20191104_142435.jpg

IMG_20191105_164548.jpg
Cheers,
Prem

Hi Members,

Here is a new screen available in AliExpress which I installed myself. This one costed me around 20USD + 30USD shipment and another 1300 as import charges by FedEX. The size is 120 inches. It comes in a roll.

View attachment 41048

I installed it an aluminium frame using L flat brackets and then stuck it on frame. This one cannot be bend as it is a thick sheet, thats why pasted it. Then I painted the tie holes black.

View attachment 41050

View attachment 41051

View attachment 41049

View attachment 41053In one picture you can see the difference between white wall and screen. The white light doesnt get dispersed like in wall.
View attachment 41052
Projector is a 6 year old AcerH5370BD.

Now let the pictures do the talking. This is a good screen which does not have viewing angle issues. Gives amazing black levels and picture.

View attachment 41054

View attachment 41055

View attachment 41056
Cheers,
Prem
Hi congrats, looks great. Can you please share the aliexpress link and also how does sports /cricket live streaming look on this. What is the distance between projector and this screen. Cheers.

Hi congrats, looks great. Can you please share the aliexpress link and also how does sports /cricket live streaming look on this. What is the distance between projector and this screen. Cheers.

This is the link

Yes, every content will look good. Distance is around 14 feet.

Thanks @Premblr ! Looks great. Please dont mind few questions of mine -
- How did you cut and assemble the aluminum frame?
- From screen pic (without projected picture) it looks like there are waves in screen?
- How are the whites and colors in grey screen? Does grey screen makes pic a bit "dull" or "less punchy"?

Thanks @Premblr ! Looks great. Please dont mind few questions of mine -
- How did you cut and assemble the aluminum frame?
- From screen pic (without projected picture) it looks like there are waves in screen?
- How are the whites and colors in grey screen? Does grey screen makes pic a bit "dull" or "less punchy"?

1. I have a cutting machine, used that in combination with hacksaw. It is easy to cut even with hacksaw.
2. Yes, the picture was taken when the screen is not fully pasted. This was more like spot welding using fevikwik. Need to paste whole screen using Araldate.
3. No gray screen does not make it dull, my camera is not good in capturing moving images. You can see from images above about whites n blacks.

3D will look better on wall as light is emitted back where as this one absorbs it. But normal picture gets enhanced beyond comparison.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back