MBP + Tube amp - Should I get a DAC?

10june

Hi all

I recently treated myself to a tube amp for my home office. I purchased the musical paradise MP-301 MK3. (pre amp - 6sj7, power tube KT 66)
interconnect: 3.5 to RCA Audio quest evergreen

UNBELIEVABLE!!

I have some KEF IQ1 speakers I am powering and my musical life have never been so good. Also hifimann headphones.

I am interested in getting the most out of the Mac book pro (mid-2014) and the sonos audio sources.

I have been oogling this DAC: MP-D1 24Bit USB Asynchronous Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC)

I don't want to buy it if my there will not be much of a change.

Suggestions?

ps - My music is mpeg 320kbps itunes music // I have FLAC and wav files but I can't hear the difference.

Hi all

I recently treated myself to a tube amp for my home office. I purchased the musical paradise MP-301 MK3. (pre amp - 6sj7, power tube KT 66)
interconnect: 3.5 to RCA Audio quest evergreen

UNBELIEVABLE!!

I have some KEF IQ1 speakers I am powering and my musical life have never been so good. Also hifimann headphones.

I am interested in getting the most out of the Mac book pro (mid-2014) and the sonos audio sources.

I have been oogling this DAC: MP-D1 24Bit USB Asynchronous Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC)

I don't want to buy it if my there will not be much of a change.

Suggestions?

ps - My music is mpeg 320kbps itunes music // I have FLAC and wav files but I can't hear the difference.

so youre currently using a headphone out? a dac will definitely make a difference. you even might start hearing the difference between mp3 320kpbs and flac

Maybe you need a good DAC to know the difference.

What I've learned so far - there are few factors in a digital + tube setup which yields better results
1. Better DAC
2. Better Transport (mac should be very good as a transport)
3. Better Tubes

So, maybe you could look into these options.

I am sure Musical Paradise DACs must be good. But please check other brands as well like PS Audio, Schiit, W4S, Audio-GD, Peachtree (and many more) etc.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back