Measuring room frequency response - SPL meter in Hyderabad

HTuser

Hi,

I would like to measure the frequency response of my room and would like to plot a graph to find whether there is a high room gain or dip which needs correction.

Planning to use with RealTraps Test Tone CD and graph.

I will be thankful if anyone from Hyderabad is ready to give me SPL meter one week. I will complete the measurement and return it.

Please revert if anyone would like to suggest any other sw/tool for testing/plotting the response.

I am mostly concered with room response for frequencies below 300Hz.

Thanks in advance

Most of the frequency response problems are below 100Hz. As you above the magnitude of the nulls decreases.

Thanks
pandu

A good calibrated mic like Dayton EMM-6 microphone or Behringer ECM 8000 are recommended. But a DIY panasonic mic capsule with calibration file can also do the job. Its calibration files are available online. I had ordered 2 capsules from ebay, need to assemble it. It has a good frequency response covering 20-20KHz and is highly praised for high quality mics. Moreover this capsule is being used in many professional calibrated mics.

I have the Audyssey mic, I read that we need to use the Line In port on the sound card. I will have to use a pre-amp to get Line out when I give Mic IN.

I don't have a preamp and I couldn't find a Mic IN option in Onkyo 707.

Calibration of the setup for proper reading is also required, hence I felt that SPL meter is the easy option.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back