Media Player With Confirmed DTS HD-MA and Dolby True HD

hemantwaghe

Banned
Banned
Hi ,
As title suggests which media players- discussed on HFV and not on it have CONFIRMED DTS HD-MA and Dolby True HD PASSTHROUGH capability?
I mean I am planning to attach this to DTS-HD MA DTHD capable AVR through HDMI ,and uncompressed DTS-HD-MA and DTHD data should be passed through..
Preferred price range is less than 10 K ,( Kapil still awaiting results of your tests on X treamer Pro)
There are some people who made half hearted claims ,but never responded when asked in details
My observations
1) Some people think DTS and DTS-HD-MA is same ,no it is not, please read in detail
2) Play On HD- Still no one answered whether so called new FW fixed this ,also website does not mentions Dolby THD
3) If I am not mistaken X treamer first gen promised this ,but never implemented ,I read somewhere that hardware too was incapable
4) I am not sure about new Xtreamer with sidewinder, please anyone can confirm
5) What about any version of WD TV ..one seller on HFV said so and one dealer too ,but I am not finding any confirmation on web.
6) Any other player?
7) What about Kaibor with onboard BDP ..how about quality? Aftersales? Confirm tests?
I will be grateful if someone tested with DTS-HD-MA and Dolby THD capable hardware and software and mentions it.
Thanks

Hi ,
As title suggests which media players- discussed on HFV and not on it have CONFIRMED DTS HD-MA and Dolby True HD PASSTHROUGH capability?
I mean I am planning to attach this to DTS-HD MA DTHD capable AVR through HDMI ,and uncompressed DTS-HD-MA and DTHD data should be passed through..
Preferred price range is less than 10 K ,( Kapil still awaiting results of your tests on X treamer Pro)
There are some people who made half hearted claims ,but never responded when asked in details
My observations
1) Some people think DTS and DTS-HD-MA is same ,no it is not, please read in detail
2) Play On HD- Still no one answered whether so called new FW fixed this ,also website does not mentions Dolby THD
3) If I am not mistaken X treamer first gen promised this ,but never implemented ,I read somewhere that hardware too was incapable
4) I am not sure about new Xtreamer with sidewinder, please anyone can confirm
5) What about any version of WD TV ..one seller on HFV said so and one dealer too ,but I am not finding any confirmation on web.
6) Any other player?
7) What about Kaibor with onboard BDP ..how about quality? Aftersales? Confirm tests?
I will be grateful if someone tested with DTS-HD-MA and Dolby THD capable hardware and software and mentions it.
Thanks

Hi,

WD TV live can do only DD-True HD audio, i've tested it on my setup (Denon 2310) and it works perfectly fine. DTS-HD-MA is donmixed to DTS surround 5.1. (sample files used are I Am Legend, Dolby-The Sound of High Definition-Bluray)

PlayOnHD!, mine is the old model and I just updated my FW to v 7.3.3.r3582. I tried the same above sample files, for DD-TrueHD audio, some times my avr displays as HD audio, sometimes it dose'nt:confused:(have to do some RnD on that) and it downmixes DTS-HD-MA to DTS surround 5.1.

Next week i'll be testing the Asus Oplay and Segate's Theater+ HD player for HD audio....will keep you posted on that.

But Xtreamer, no info about it. May be some owners can do the test and post it here.

On the whole there is scope for DD-True HD audio, but not for DTS-HD-MA i guess.

cheers.

Last edited:
Hi,

WD TV live can do only DD-True HD audio, i've tested it on my setup (Denon 2310) and it works perfectly fine. DTS-HD-MA is donmixed to DTS surround 5.1. (sample files used are I Am Legend, Dolby-The Sound of High Definition-Bluray)

PlayOnHD!, mine is the old model and I just updated my FW to v 7.3.3.r3582. I tried the same above sample files, for DD-TrueHD audio, some times my avr displays as HD audio, sometimes it dose'nt:confused:(have to do some RnD on that) and it downmixes DTS-HD-MA to DTS surround 5.1.

Next week i'll be testing the Asus Oplay and Segate's Theater+ HD player for HD audio....will keep you posted on that.

But Xtreamer, no info about it. May be some owners can do the test and post it here.

On the whole there is scope for DD-True HD audio, but not for DTS-HD-MA i guess.

cheers.
thanks aneel..that is precise ,, please keep us updated ...

I dont know about media player but heard Xtreamer pro can bit stream DTS-HD and i have heard DTS-HD in My htpc via powerdvd10
power dvd 10 can decode DTS-HD and it can even bitstream it.

I dont know about media player but heard Xtreamer pro can bit stream DTS-HD and i have heard DTS-HD in My htpc via powerdvd10
power dvd 10 can decode DTS-HD and it can even bitstream it.

tanks prithvi..but these companies CLAIM compatabality and customers suffer..then they relese FW with bugs and sometimes even blame your hardware ..so I want confirm reports....in fact many m,edia players does not sport logoes of DTS -HD_MA and Dilby THD ,which is comman practice .I think you get the rights if you pay licencing fee and all AVR mfrs sport.So my doubts.
Looking for confirmed ,first hand reports

hey.
i think you should contact the seller who is selling kaiboer.. this person can guide you in a much better way.. & the kaiboer players are really very good and the performance is also good in this price range.. and the seller is also providing warranty on these products

hey.
i think you should contact the seller who is selling kaiboer.. this person can guide you in a much better way.. & the kaiboer players are really very good and the performance is also good in this price range.. and the seller is also providing warranty on these products

how's the seller in India for kaiboer and AFA my knowledge goes none of these dealers can tell bang on as to what their products can do/play..........it only the user how has to find out on their own. They just go by the spec sheet and info available on the web, which is not true most of the time.

cheers.

how's the seller in India for kaiboer and AFA my knowledge goes none of these dealers can tell bang on as to what their products can do/play..........it only the user how has to find out on their own. They just go by the spec sheet and info available on the web, which is not true most of the time.

cheers.

YES That is the casr so I included "Confirmed" playback and ask about hardware.
In fact i realised for some selespeople all dolby is same Be it Prologic,DD or Dolby THD..Ditto about DTS
Most of the sales guy says that THX is a feature!!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

So dealer too rant about specs sheet and secondary knowledge. In fact sometimes I doubt if they try to sample one piece with full specked gear ( 1080 P Display and AVR with Hi Def codecs) so this thread i generated.In the past I asked many time this query about POHD but never got satisfactory reply

Hemant

popcornhour c200 does this without any problems
it can also convert aac5.1 to pcm5.1
its available in delhi @ rs 30000

are you using this product????

PS:- Anybody posting replies please mention whether you have Used/Using the product you mention and have tested the same.

thanks.
cheers.

Thanks Hemant for this thread. I too have my doubts whether there is any player other than PCH which can passthrough HD Audio(both formats) yet. I have decided to buy my second NMT only after something is confirmed and all initial issues are eliminated. In the meanwhile, my Xtreamer (Old version without HD Audio) is shuttling between my HT and bedroom setup.

Spoke to srinisundar few days ago, he confirmed that the Xtreamer Sindwinder is able to passthrough HD Audio without any issues. We'll wait for his post.

Thanks. Thats only double the US price of $300:rolleyes:.

Is it via Optical? or HDMI?
HDMI is the only way. Optical or digital co-axial do not have sufficient bandwidth to do HD Audio.

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back