media plus blue ray player

pradhan

Dear expert i am looking for media player plus blue ray player however i am not sure if i will get it in one package.

i will prefer one system.Will i need htpc ?...

my budget is moderate around 15 to 20k..

Presently i have Marantz avr 6007, samsung smart led tv,3 tb nas wd live which have:) downloaded stuff... initially i thought smart tv can play stuff on nas but while playing big file say more than 4 gb its getting disconnected...so i assume i need a dedicated media player? Is my thought correct or do i need to do something else to play stuff on nas?

please do help me out...:)

If you could stretch your budget a bit you can get the dune HD max, which retails for around 35k. Or even better go for an entry level Sony blu ray player and the Asus O play mini, both of em could be grabbed under 15k!

Cheers

If you are going for Blu-Ray Player and Asus Combo. Take Asus OPlay Mini Plus which comes with network capabilities. Alternately have a look at WD Tv Live too.

get a panasonic 220 blu ray player...it will serve as a media player as well..can be made region free as well..
or a sony 490 at 8k and an asus at 4k combo....total 12k is a good option as well..btw sony will read 80 % of formats..for 100 % the asus is a back up

Last edited:
S490 can read 80-90% of formats. For the balance, you better convert them to readable files like MKV, using MKVMERGE (freeware) rather than having two systems for 100% playback but with lots of wires, connections, extra remote etc.

S490 can read 80-90% of formats. For the balance, you better convert them to readable files like MKV, using MKVMERGE (freeware) rather than having two systems for 100% playback but with lots of wires, connections, extra remote etc.

thanks for your suggestion....excuse me for basic question...Will it serve as media player which can play file around 20 gb.....even i want to take one system but Samsung smart tv built in media player not able to stream file bigger then 4gb ....its start strutting ....i am not sure though problem is of smart tv or wd live ?

Last edited:
If you could stretch your budget a bit you can get the dune HD max, which retails for around 35k. Or even better go for an entry level Sony blu ray player and the Asus O play mini, both of em could be grabbed under 15k!

Cheers
where to get dune hd ? Can you sent me contact info...

Get mede8er media player. It plays all files any size 2d/3d. Iboum website rated it the best media player with Dolby tru hd dts ma pass through. Get basic bluray region a player if you import blurays from us

Dear Expert need your valuable guidance....please help me out ...

after going thru few post and web about streaming i am thoroughly confused about media player (dedicated,on blue ray player, on smart tv,), nas , blue ray , router etc

basically i am not able to draw a conclusion about role play of each in playing file size ranging from 4gb to 20 gb.

Presently i have samsung 46es 7500 (having 10/100 fast Ethernet) connected to iball (10/100 mbps) router thru a lan cable, my book live 3tb is also connected to router through lan cable.i am able to browse mybook live thru all share app on tv and able to open and play movie store on mybook live....however sometime while playing big file may be around 6 gb or more its suddenly getting disconnected...

i got few question in my head

1.Is it because speed of transmission thru lan cable slow?
2.Is it because tv all share media capability relatively limited?
3.Is it because my book live not able to transmit enough information?
4. is it possible to use laptop to solve media transmission issue? i have core i5 and macbook ....

i would like to understand core issue and arrive at a solution..i am looking for valuable advise

Last edited:
see 6gb is cool for 490,as you mentioned 20gb so i said...
dont get confused
tell me you present and future posssible use of blu ray disk playing plan...
and for 46 inch tv 20gb is not needed...5 gb is perfect..

see 6gb is cool for 490,as you mentioned 20gb so i said...
dont get confused
tell me you present and future posssible use of blu ray disk playing plan...
and for 46 inch tv 20gb is not needed...5 gb is perfect..

presently i am using stuff given by my friend .....most of them under 5 gb but few of them varies from 5 to 17 gb..... i have loaded stuff on my book live ....later on i was planning to have a blue ray player like pana dmp bdt-230 or may be ps3 or sony 490 for rented blue ray from movie mart.....:) ...i thought not to invest in media player unnecessarily...but got confused because of disconnection issue mentioned earlier..

Last edited:
fine okay...then i say go for pana 220 now and play your files..as you said size is from 5 GB to 17 GB..so most of them will play.(i think all will play as pana is better than sony,pana tvs onboard chip play smoothly from 1 TB hdds..so br player must be better)
if unsatisfied later..the you can always buy a media player..

Let me tell you this any good bluray player can play big file size as close as 40GB or up...
Why- in bluray disk the main movie file is basically in .m2ts format and covered 95% of total disk size of the bluray player.
It is not important what is the file size you are playing..it's important what's the bitrate of file you're playing..any bluray disk can play very high bitrate i.e 50Mbps or up while media player can't render those high bitrate file that smoothly.
My sony bluray player can connect to 3 tb hdd within seconds..and it's total false info that pana can play formats smoothly than sony cause my sony tv also can connect with 1 tb hdd while many pana plasma owners have issues connecting the same as discussed here in this forum..

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back