• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale Mega Christmas Clearance Sale - Never before, Probably Never again!!

Rega
Status
Not open for further replies.

reubensm

Dear all, posting after a long long time. Personal priorities have taken me to new avenues in life where I have easy access to whatever audio gizmos I have always wanted to have. However the logistics related to this move does not permit me to carry along my most valuable electronics possessions, hence thought I'd let the all go, instead of storing them off in some cupboard, only to open it after 20 or 30 years :)

I have been inquiring privately and have got offers from people, mostly dealers for these pieces of equipment but I thought it would be better to let these go to deserving hands as I had gone through a lot of trouble and pain to collect these. Hence I am putting them on the forum for our forum members to acquire and enjoy.

This is a wonderful opportunity as it is not common to see such equipment on sale on hifivision. Please take advantage of this golden opportunity.

Please note that I am not in station and hence auditions are not possible. The photos have been provided by family and I'm posting them. We have already engaged some professionals to pack the items and they have done so with my advice. With this type of packing, these items will definitely reach safely. We have also got shipping quotes for the items, so all prices are inclusive of shipping cost.

First up is my Garrard 401 deck with original Garrard 401 platter mat, Jelco Tonearm, Multilayered plinth with Dustcover and Mr. Murthy's spiked feet, platter dampening rings and power cable. This was a deck owned and cared for by a single owner from new and even today, it is almost in new condition. I recently got the entire deck evaluated by a professional by sending him pictures of all the parts and the bearing assembly (after I received the turntable after plinth build) and he came back saying it was in pristine condition. The Jelco SA370H (which was manufactured by Jelco for L.A.D. turntables) tonearm is the again brand new, champagne gold colour and un-used. It comes together with its original screw kit and dampening oil. Everything works perfectly. The issues with the plinth built by Mr. Kuruvila have been rectified and its now perfect and ready to play some very enjoyable music. The cartridge and tonearm cables are not included with the pack (these have already been sold separately). You can try out your own cart and cabling. This is a wonderful opportunity for one to own a pristine early model 401 which is very unlike the usual beat up ones in ply wood boxes which you can buy from Indian dealers. Price for the above is Rs.95000/- which includes packaging and shipping

Next up is my Lenco L75 turntable. Again, this is not the usual L75 which one would come across, with a beat up top plate, murdered bearing assembly and plastic idler. This is a very well cared for and owned from new, rare black L75 piece with a metal core idler in pristine condition. The original Lenco L75 tonearm has been refurbished and also included is a Jelco tonearm, multilayered plinth with dust cover, original Lenco platter mat and strobe indicator. The original 45rpm adapter is also included. The Jelco SA370H (which was manufactured by Jelco for L.A.D. turntables) tonearm is the again brand new, champagne gold colour and un-used. It comes together with its original screw kit and dampening oil. Everything works perfectly. The issues with the plinth built by Mr. Kuruvila have been rectified and its now perfect and ready to play some very enjoyable music. The cartridge and tonearm cables are not included with the pack (these have already been sold separately). You can try out your own cart and cabling. Price for the above is Rs.68000/- which includes packaging and shipping

Next up is my Technics SP25 Direct Drive deck which was imported by its previous owner (a close friend of mine) from Canada. He purchased it from a Canadian Radio Station auction and it came with its plinth (which is already sold separately). The deck is in great condition and everything works fine. It comes with its original Technics platter mat and mains cable. The turntable is a 110 volts model (manufactured in Japan but for the US/Canada market and will work well with any usual step-down transformer. I have not included pictures of the plinth but if the buyer is interested, I can include a box type plinth which has heavy teak wood sides and a 2inch ply mounting top board. This is a gem of a deck and will definitely give the buyer listening pleasure well over a life time. Price for the above is Rs.45000/- which includes packaging and shipping

Next up is the combo of my NAD 106 preamp and NAD 216thx poweramp. The 106 was NAD's flagship preampflier during the 1990s and features the best ever phonostages from NAD with both MC and MM. The preamp has gold plated connectors and XLR outputs. The phonostage is so good that it compares with some of the better phonostages out there. It easily beats all budget phonostages including the 3020's phonostage and the CNC phonostage. The 216thx poweramp needs no introduction. One of the best and most popular poweramps from the NAD stable, can put out as far as 800 watts into 2 ohms loads. Can he used in bridged mode as well. It features a toroidal transformer which is about 6 inches in diameter and a solid power block. Its built like a tank. Together, this combo can beat almost all the NAD models out there and is a killer buy for someone really looking at taking some serious steps forward. I am the 3rd owner of these amps. The original owner had bought these from a Singaporean gentleman who was the 1st owner and imported them into India. Cosmetics are around 7/10 as there are some marks on the top of the preamplifier housing and some minor paint chips (not very noticeable) on the poweramp front. Specs and stats are easily available online. Both the preamp and poweramp are in perfect working condition and has been my main performers for the last 7 years. Will sell only as a combo as these 2 go together very well and I would like them to remain inseparable. Price for the combo is Rs.33500/- which is inclusive of packaging and shipping

Next up is one of my favorite, my beloved Akai GX630D reel deck. This deck was originally owned by an Airforce office who passed away and his wife had this deck in storage for a long time. I acquired this deck from the lady through one of our forum members. Its a splendid deck in almost brand new condition and with original Akai dust cover and packaging. The deck comes with 10 7-inch reels, 3 of which are brand new and un-opened Red Basf Tapes. The rest have lovely recordings on them, made my the Airforce officer and you can even find some hand-written notes made by the late owner, in some of the reel boxes. These 10 reels alone will cost over Rs.10000/- if purchased separately but are given complementary with this deck. The deck requires some basic servicing since it was packed away for a long long time and is running with a drag. Nevertheless, one of Akai's top of the line models, at a throw-away price with 10 free tapes and a free take-up spool (which is not the original Akai take up spool). Expected price for the deck is Rs.17500/- which includes packaging and shipping

Next up is my beloved Garrard RC210 changer. I had attempted to sell this turntable earlier but we could not proceed due to shipping problems. This time round, the turntable can be shipped safely and hence putting it up for sale again.

The player comes with the following;

1) A box plinth, not the best in the world but does it job
2) A new power cable, the old one was a piece of electrical flex-wire
3) A brand new EEI CS2000 ceramic cart which I burnt in significantly with the ceramic phonostage builds
4) Flip sapphire stylus for both microgroove and 78s. The stylus has been tracking at light weight and is in splendid condition
5) A stereo ceramic phonostage mounted internally, which can be powered by an external powersupply. The phonostage has been burnt in for more than 60 hours.
6) A make-shift rubber mat (the turntable came without a rubber mat)
7) RCA female sockets on the back panel, you can use your own interconnects, ground wire not required as the grounding is done internally with the phonostage.
8) Spare stereo sapphire flip stylus
9) Brand new N-O-S Garrard RC210 idler wheel
10) Brand new N-O-S Garrard RC210 center spindle

What can be done to enhance performance:

1) a proper turntable mat can do a whole lot of good
2) a good powersupply for the phonostage can be built into the cabinet
3) the chassis can be bolted to the cabinet, currently if just rests in place.

New idler and spindle, the original idler was a re-fabricated one and is not accurate even though it plays. I managed to procure a N-O-S Garrard idler wheel for the RC210 and have replaced the same. The original idler is also included with the package and can be used as a spare. The original spindle, even though it works, was damaged when I received this turntable poorly packed. I got a replacement N-O-S spindle and replaced the same. The original spindle is also included with the package and can be used as a spare

My asking price is Rs.8000/- for the turntable which includes packaging and shipping. There is an increase in the price over last time as the new idler and spindle together cost Rs.4500/- to import from the United States.

A picture from my ceramic phonostage build thread which shows how the phonostage is mounted inside the turntable cabinet:

You can read about the complete phonostage build at this URL:

Here are a couple of videos of the changer in action:

Turntable playing 78s

http://vid1283.photobucket.com/albums/a546/reubensm/03082014002_zps2ff60bf1.mp4

Turntable playing a LP

http://vid1283.photobucket.com/albums/a546/reubensm/03082014003_zps85c31e08.mp4

Finally, I'd like to give away my Panasonic RE WS-10 high end World Space radio. This radio is in almost brand new condition as it was one of my flag-ship pieces of equipment during its hay-day. Unfortunately World Space has closed down but the Afristar and Asiastar satellites are still functioning and you can hear Sai Global Harmony and the Maestro channel on the Asia beam. I'd like to gift this radio with it original patch antenna and antenna cable (also included is a spare patch antenna) to a collector enthusiast who would like to add this to his collection. I shall ship it across which charging anything but you'll have to convince me that you plan to collect it, first :eek:hyeah:

Terms & Conditions:

1) I am not in station so auditions are not possible. The equipment is all packed up and ready for dispatch
2) Please stay in touch by PM only. Please don't call me as my phone uses a corporate connection and I am on international roaming
3) Prices unfortunately are fixed. I have priced on a no-gain, marginal loss model to benefit our forum members
4) Shall share my Indian bank account details with those interested to purchase

Finally, its with great sadness that I've written this post. Mind is not working clearly so I have left out things like specs, etc. Request you to kindly dig these up online. Also please feel free to PM should you need to clarify anything.

Merry Christmas & A very Happy New Year!!

Thanks to my family for posting and for the photography (except for the RC210 changer)!!

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

reubensm

Dear all, thanks for the loads of PMs. Happy to note so much interest in my equipment. The following items are on hold for forum members, awaiting the next steps:

1) Garrard 401/Tonearm/Plinth/etc, all that comes with it as listed
2) Akai GX630D reel deck and the tapes
3) Nad combo (106 and 216thx)
4) Garrard RC210 changer and all that comes with it as listed
5) Worldspace RE WS10 radio, patch antenna and antenna extension cable
6) The spare patch antenna for the worldspace radio is reserved separately for a dear friend

The Lenco and SP25 are still available, Received interest for both these as well but awaiting confirmation. The first to confirm purchase get these.

reubensm

Dear all, just got a couple of minutes today, hence posting a quick update. Its holiday time here and I don't have access to HFV, hence the delay in replying to PMs. There are loads to be replied to. For those who have requested bank details, shall send the same by 27th Dec.

reubensm

Dear all, hope you had an enjoyable holiday.

All items have been blocked and will be sending the bank details later tonight. Some of you have made offers over my asking prices, really appreciate your interest and keenness to acquire my equipment, however I must honour my commitment to those who confirmed first, at the listed prices. Have kept all of you in queue.

Message for the FM who booked the NADs, please clear your PM box. I shall send the bank details later tonight.

reubensm

Progress Update:

Full payment received for the Garrard 401 (and everything listed with it) and the Garrard RC210. These packages are bound for shipping with a Thursday dispatch, this week.

Full payment also received for the NAD combo, minus shipping charges as these will be picked up, together with the Worldspace radio, in person

reubensm

Progress Update:

Full payment received for the Akai GX630D deck (and everything listed with it). Dispatch scheduled for Thursday, this week.

The NAD Combo and Worldspace Radio is scheduled for Dispatch (collection in person) for tomorrow.

reubensm

Dispatch Update:

The NAD Combo and Worldspace Radio collected today. Sending across the manuals via email later today.

401, RC210, GX630D scheduled for tomorrow, awaiting confirmation from home

reubensm

Dispatch Update:

An unfortunate happening on New Year's day: The courier guys did not show up to pick up the stuff, they called late evening and informed that they were under-staffed :(

The Garrard 401, RC210 and the Akai Deck are being picked up today. Sorry for the day's delay.

The NADs and the Worldspace radio are on their way to the new owner, via his friend who picked up the boxes. I have emailed the following to the new owner:

Nad 216thx overview and spec sheet
Nad 106 spec sheet
Nad 216thx service manual
Nad 106 service manual

The original worldpace radio manual, and even the original purchase invoices were included with the worldspace radio :)

reubensm

Dispatch Update:

NAD Combo and Worldspace radio received by new owner, the NADs are back in action and singing again.

The Garrard 401 and its kit, The Garrard RC210 and its kit and Akai GX630 with its tapes have been shipped. Shall provide the tracking numbers when wify sends them across later today or tomorrow.

Full payment received for the Lenco and kit. Have requested a pickup from the courier guys, on Saturday.

The Technics plinth is expected back from the local carpenter this weekend. Shall check with wify and post an update.

reubensm

Dispatch update:

The Lenco and its kit has also been shipped.

Got a query as to how long it would take to arrive:

Shipping method used is surface shipping as the boxes are too large, heavy and very expensive to send by air. The usual delivery time for surface shipping is between 7 and 10 days. Shipping route followed is Trivandrum->Kochi->Bangalore->Destination in India

The Garrard RC210 box contains the following:

1) The RC210 changer
2) A separate box containing the headshell with cart and stylus
3) A separate packet containing a brand new spare stylus, the old spindle and old idler wheel
4) I am not quite sure but if I remember correctly, I had asked the folks back home to pack 2 Sonotone carts, with a Sonotone stylus in the box as well. I am not sure if they did so but if they did, not sure whether the Sonotone carts are working or can be made to work but the Sonotone stylus is good and usable.

Family informed me that the Technics plinth has not come back from the carpenter after polishing. These guys normally commit something and deliver something else. Shall keep everyone posted.

reubensm

Dear all, after a short vacation, got an update from wify yesterday. With so much electronics being shipped in a single go, there was a small hold up with the customs at Kochi. Wify drove down to Kochi and furnished some additional documentation which resulted on the the consignment getting cleared. The items are on their way now. I have provided the shipping docket numbers for tracking, however must say that from experience, professional courier's tracking system is always slow.

I have already provided an update on the box and its content for the RC210 Garrard changer. The weight of the Garrard box with its content was around 10 kg.

The rest are as follows:

1) Akai deck: 1 huge 28 kilo box which contains the deck in double box packing, there is also another box with the dust cover and a third box with the reel tapes and take up spool. Total weight is just over 40 kg.

2) Garrard 401: This unit is shipped in 4 boxes, 1 box contains the deck, platter, platter dampening rings (on the platter), power cable and original platter mat. The platter has been packed separately in the same box while the motor transit screws (red ones) on the deck have been screwed in fully. The second box contains the plinth, the third contains the dust cover and the 4th contains the tonearm, its parts, screwdriver, dampening oil and also the spiked feet for the plinth and their rests, not to forget the deck mounting bolts and washers. I understand that the weight of all 4 boxes put together was around 40 kg.

3) Lenco L75: This unit is also shipped in 4 boxes, 1 box contains the deck, platter, power cable, original platter mat and strobe plate. The platter has been packed separately in the same box while the motor transit screws (red ones) on the deck have been screwed in fully. The second box contains the plinth, the third contains the dust cover and the 4th contains the 2 tonearms, their parts, screwdriver/dampening oil for the Jelco and also the spiked feet for the plinth and their rests, not to forget the deck mounting bolts and washers. I understand that the weight of all 4 boxes put together was around 45 kg. I think my brother also included some colour pictures on how the mounted stock L75 tonearm looks. You will have to use file cotton or nylon thread for the anti-skate hanging weight.

More updates as soon as I have them.

Last edited:

reubensm

Dispatch update: As usual, the Professional Courier website Track n' Trace is very slow to get updated. Got a message from their customer care that the details should be up by Wednesday. Their system is not an automated system and is manually updated. To track, on their website, under the section Track n' trace, chose the domestic option (check this off) , choose reference number (check off Ref.No), enter the full tracking reference number and click the track button.

reubensm

Dispatch Update: Have provided the tracking details. Interestingly, 2 of the consignees came back to me, absolutely worried, stating that an online check with their respective tracking numbers suggests that the items bound for them were delivered in Kolkatta while one of the others found no tracking info online. Wify called Professional couriers today and came to understand that they are facing some IT problem. They promised to have it rectified by tomorrow (Wednesday).

reubensm

Dispatch Update:

1) Akai Reel tape deck, dust cover & reel tapes (3 boxes) - Delivered - Chennai
2) Lenco L75, dust cover, plinth, tonearms + all accessories (4 boxes) - Delivered - Bangalore
3) Garrard RC210 (1 box) - In Transit - Dispatched from Chennai Hub to Mumbai on 13 Jan
4) Garrard 401, dust cover, plinth, tonearm + all accessories (4 boxes) - Dispatched from Chennai Hub to Mumbai on 14 Jan

Professional courier has also confirmed that the IT problems that they were facing are now resolved and all the required tracking information is now available online.

The above status info is based on the update which I received from Professional Courier's customer care team. They also informed me about the resolution of their IT problems, by email.

Shall keep you posted when I hear from them again.

Update on the Technics SP25 plinth - Wife will be driving down this week and collecting the plinth after which I shall ping the FM who has booked it.

reubensm

Dispatch update, all equipment has reached their new owners safely. Still a bit sad that I had to let the NADs and the 401/L75 go. These were pieces of equipment that I worked very hard to collect.

reubensm

All equipment has reached their new owners safely. Special thanks to my family who helped with the shipping piece. Also special thanks to my good friends on this forum, and other forums like lencoheaven and audiokarma who offered valuable tips on how to pack the Garrard 401 and Lenco L75.

On a final note, every hi-fi enthusiast does have that prized possession which is a extremely close to his/her heart and kept away safely. This prized possession is almost never talked about but is a big part of the owner's life. For some it may be an important record, or for some, an important piece of equipment. I too have one of these which I have never ever talked about. Only close family are aware of its existence. It is wrapped up and kept in storage and used occasionally. I cannot make up my mind to part with it. However, after the experience with letting go of the Garrard and Lenco, my prized NADs and the reel deck, I've have started thinking about this one as well. Let me keep giving it some thought and I shall come back again if I decide to let it go. I gave all of us, a Mega Christmas sale. Who knows, if my mind permits, we'd have another Mega Easter sale as well :)

Last edited:

reubensm

Sorry, forgot about the SP25 completely. Wify confirmed that the carpenter has finished the plinth and its at home. Shall source pics from wify and get back to the concerned FM by next week. I am a bit busy this week. Thanks.

reubensm

Update, I am sorry for the delay regarding the SP25. Shall close this week. Wify was busy with some domestic work.

Meanwhile I have some good news for the forum. I've finally made up my mind to part with another legend from my treasure chest at home. This is a big fish so watch this section closely for more, over the weekend.

And yes, this one will be a mega Easter sale

reubensm

Got a message by around 9:30pm India Time, that the FM who booked the SP25 has backed out as he got a SP15. Bro telephoned the FM who was second in line and he drove down and collected by mid-night. I requested wify to include an old (but in pristine condition) Shure M232 tonearm and a NAD PP1 phonostage which was lying around, un-used. That was a surprise gift for the buyer of this table.

With this, the Christmas sale has come to a close, will start a new thread for the Easter sale. My maniac turntable habits got me to build up a little inventory which I now have to clear. In my view, the Easter sale is going to be even better. Shall be back in a couple of weeks with a new thread.

Thanks to one and all who wrote in and a special thanks to those who took on my equipment. Those pieces are all part of my life, my dreams and have been collected with great care, research and anticipation. Enjoy the music!!

Status
Not open for further replies.