I have been inquiring privately and have got offers from people, mostly dealers for these pieces of equipment but I thought it would be better to let these go to deserving hands as I had gone through a lot of trouble and pain to collect these. Hence I am putting them on the forum for our forum members to acquire and enjoy.
This is a wonderful opportunity as it is not common to see such equipment on sale on hifivision. Please take advantage of this golden opportunity.
Please note that I am not in station and hence auditions are not possible. The photos have been provided by family and I'm posting them. We have already engaged some professionals to pack the items and they have done so with my advice. With this type of packing, these items will definitely reach safely. We have also got shipping quotes for the items, so all prices are inclusive of shipping cost.
First up is my Garrard 401 deck with original Garrard 401 platter mat, Jelco Tonearm, Multilayered plinth with Dustcover and Mr. Murthy's spiked feet, platter dampening rings and power cable. This was a deck owned and cared for by a single owner from new and even today, it is almost in new condition. I recently got the entire deck evaluated by a professional by sending him pictures of all the parts and the bearing assembly (after I received the turntable after plinth build) and he came back saying it was in pristine condition. The Jelco SA370H (which was manufactured by Jelco for L.A.D. turntables) tonearm is the again brand new, champagne gold colour and un-used. It comes together with its original screw kit and dampening oil. Everything works perfectly. The issues with the plinth built by Mr. Kuruvila have been rectified and its now perfect and ready to play some very enjoyable music. The cartridge and tonearm cables are not included with the pack (these have already been sold separately). You can try out your own cart and cabling. This is a wonderful opportunity for one to own a pristine early model 401 which is very unlike the usual beat up ones in ply wood boxes which you can buy from Indian dealers. Price for the above is Rs.95000/- which includes packaging and shipping
Next up is my Lenco L75 turntable. Again, this is not the usual L75 which one would come across, with a beat up top plate, murdered bearing assembly and plastic idler. This is a very well cared for and owned from new, rare black L75 piece with a metal core idler in pristine condition. The original Lenco L75 tonearm has been refurbished and also included is a Jelco tonearm, multilayered plinth with dust cover, original Lenco platter mat and strobe indicator. The original 45rpm adapter is also included. The Jelco SA370H (which was manufactured by Jelco for L.A.D. turntables) tonearm is the again brand new, champagne gold colour and un-used. It comes together with its original screw kit and dampening oil. Everything works perfectly. The issues with the plinth built by Mr. Kuruvila have been rectified and its now perfect and ready to play some very enjoyable music. The cartridge and tonearm cables are not included with the pack (these have already been sold separately). You can try out your own cart and cabling. Price for the above is Rs.68000/- which includes packaging and shipping
Next up is my Technics SP25 Direct Drive deck which was imported by its previous owner (a close friend of mine) from Canada. He purchased it from a Canadian Radio Station auction and it came with its plinth (which is already sold separately). The deck is in great condition and everything works fine. It comes with its original Technics platter mat and mains cable. The turntable is a 110 volts model (manufactured in Japan but for the US/Canada market and will work well with any usual step-down transformer. I have not included pictures of the plinth but if the buyer is interested, I can include a box type plinth which has heavy teak wood sides and a 2inch ply mounting top board. This is a gem of a deck and will definitely give the buyer listening pleasure well over a life time. Price for the above is Rs.45000/- which includes packaging and shipping
Next up is the combo of my NAD 106 preamp and NAD 216thx poweramp. The 106 was NAD's flagship preampflier during the 1990s and features the best ever phonostages from NAD with both MC and MM. The preamp has gold plated connectors and XLR outputs. The phonostage is so good that it compares with some of the better phonostages out there. It easily beats all budget phonostages including the 3020's phonostage and the CNC phonostage. The 216thx poweramp needs no introduction. One of the best and most popular poweramps from the NAD stable, can put out as far as 800 watts into 2 ohms loads. Can he used in bridged mode as well. It features a toroidal transformer which is about 6 inches in diameter and a solid power block. Its built like a tank. Together, this combo can beat almost all the NAD models out there and is a killer buy for someone really looking at taking some serious steps forward. I am the 3rd owner of these amps. The original owner had bought these from a Singaporean gentleman who was the 1st owner and imported them into India. Cosmetics are around 7/10 as there are some marks on the top of the preamplifier housing and some minor paint chips (not very noticeable) on the poweramp front. Specs and stats are easily available online. Both the preamp and poweramp are in perfect working condition and has been my main performers for the last 7 years. Will sell only as a combo as these 2 go together very well and I would like them to remain inseparable. Price for the combo is Rs.33500/- which is inclusive of packaging and shipping
Next up is one of my favorite, my beloved Akai GX630D reel deck. This deck was originally owned by an Airforce office who passed away and his wife had this deck in storage for a long time. I acquired this deck from the lady through one of our forum members. Its a splendid deck in almost brand new condition and with original Akai dust cover and packaging. The deck comes with 10 7-inch reels, 3 of which are brand new and un-opened Red Basf Tapes. The rest have lovely recordings on them, made my the Airforce officer and you can even find some hand-written notes made by the late owner, in some of the reel boxes. These 10 reels alone will cost over Rs.10000/- if purchased separately but are given complementary with this deck. The deck requires some basic servicing since it was packed away for a long long time and is running with a drag. Nevertheless, one of Akai's top of the line models, at a throw-away price with 10 free tapes and a free take-up spool (which is not the original Akai take up spool). Expected price for the deck is Rs.17500/- which includes packaging and shipping
Next up is my beloved Garrard RC210 changer. I had attempted to sell this turntable earlier but we could not proceed due to shipping problems. This time round, the turntable can be shipped safely and hence putting it up for sale again.
The player comes with the following;
1) A box plinth, not the best in the world but does it job
2) A new power cable, the old one was a piece of electrical flex-wire
3) A brand new EEI CS2000 ceramic cart which I burnt in significantly with the ceramic phonostage builds
4) Flip sapphire stylus for both microgroove and 78s. The stylus has been tracking at light weight and is in splendid condition
5) A stereo ceramic phonostage mounted internally, which can be powered by an external powersupply. The phonostage has been burnt in for more than 60 hours.
6) A make-shift rubber mat (the turntable came without a rubber mat)
7) RCA female sockets on the back panel, you can use your own interconnects, ground wire not required as the grounding is done internally with the phonostage.
8) Spare stereo sapphire flip stylus
9) Brand new N-O-S Garrard RC210 idler wheel
10) Brand new N-O-S Garrard RC210 center spindle
What can be done to enhance performance:
1) a proper turntable mat can do a whole lot of good
2) a good powersupply for the phonostage can be built into the cabinet
3) the chassis can be bolted to the cabinet, currently if just rests in place.
New idler and spindle, the original idler was a re-fabricated one and is not accurate even though it plays. I managed to procure a N-O-S Garrard idler wheel for the RC210 and have replaced the same. The original idler is also included with the package and can be used as a spare. The original spindle, even though it works, was damaged when I received this turntable poorly packed. I got a replacement N-O-S spindle and replaced the same. The original spindle is also included with the package and can be used as a spare
My asking price is Rs.8000/- for the turntable which includes packaging and shipping. There is an increase in the price over last time as the new idler and spindle together cost Rs.4500/- to import from the United States.
A picture from my ceramic phonostage build thread which shows how the phonostage is mounted inside the turntable cabinet:
You can read about the complete phonostage build at this URL:
Here are a couple of videos of the changer in action:
Turntable playing 78s
Turntable playing a LP
Finally, I'd like to give away my Panasonic RE WS-10 high end World Space radio. This radio is in almost brand new condition as it was one of my flag-ship pieces of equipment during its hay-day. Unfortunately World Space has closed down but the Afristar and Asiastar satellites are still functioning and you can hear Sai Global Harmony and the Maestro channel on the Asia beam. I'd like to gift this radio with it original patch antenna and antenna cable (also included is a spare patch antenna) to a collector enthusiast who would like to add this to his collection. I shall ship it across which charging anything but you'll have to convince me that you plan to collect it, first hyeah:
Terms & Conditions:
1) I am not in station so auditions are not possible. The equipment is all packed up and ready for dispatch
2) Please stay in touch by PM only. Please don't call me as my phone uses a corporate connection and I am on international roaming
3) Prices unfortunately are fixed. I have priced on a no-gain, marginal loss model to benefit our forum members
4) Shall share my Indian bank account details with those interested to purchase
Finally, its with great sadness that I've written this post. Mind is not working clearly so I have left out things like specs, etc. Request you to kindly dig these up online. Also please feel free to PM should you need to clarify anything.
Merry Christmas & A very Happy New Year!!
Thanks to my family for posting and for the photography (except for the RC210 changer)!!
BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!
Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.
- Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
- Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
- Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
- Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
- The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
- Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
- Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
- It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
- Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
- Do your research on comparative prices for the product.
- Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
- Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
- Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
- Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
- It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
- Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.