• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale Meridian Explorer 24/192 DAC

Subscibe to HiFiMART Newsletter

Shahrukh

Yup. Up for sale is my beloved Meridian DAC which I thought I'd initially use as a headphone amp, but ended up using in my main system. It features the LATEST firmware update by Meridian. Can resolve hi-rez files all the way to 24/192. USB input with seperate outputs for headphone and bigger rig connections. Seperate LED indicators that help visually identify different bit rate inputs. And all the quality you can expect from a Meridian product.

Included: Original packaging, USB cable, user guide and a travel case (still in its cellophane packing). Basically you get the same box if you would buy it new (without the seal, of course).

Condition: I'd give it a 9. But mostly due to age. Cosmetically, there's nothing amiss, since I haven't even taken off the clear lamination that comes with every new product. Sparingly used in a non smoking environment.

Age: I've had it for little over a year now. Purchased and shipped new from Singapore. (This was a gift, but I have the original bill somewhere too.)

Price: Rs 17K. Shipping at actuals.

My two bits about the sound: Typical Meridian house sound. Warm, musical but not lacking in detail. Not "unforgiving", but it does shine with better recordings. Quite analogue sounding, if that means anything to you. :) These, of course are my observations through an all tube / Merlin speaker system (which you can read about elsewhere on the forum). More reviews can be read all over the net. Mumbai buyers are welcome to listen to it at my place before they buy.

Any questions, feel free to PM.

SPONSORED ADS

Attachments

SPONSORED ADS

Shahrukh

That little scuff on the left is NOT a scuff on the DAC. It's just the plastic laminated packing peeling off. As mentioned, I haven't taken it off as yet.

SPONSORED ADS