Metrum Acoustics India

Sid,

Metrum Acoustics has shut shop in India for all practical purposes.
Principal designer Cees Ruijtenberg has exited the company.
Sunder Palanivel is also no longer with them.

The information on their website is not up to date and needs to be revised.

Regards

I think they closed down atleast 6 to 8 months ago. It's not something which happened recently.

Feel sad for customers who would have bought from metrum india.
God forbid anything goes wrong with their dacs there will be no one to help.
I hope metrum the orginal company helps them.
If I am not wrong they also did not bother to inform that they have closed down indian operations.
Not good at all

Possible they did not do well here and the future too was bleak.
Afterall such big companies do need numbers.
Possible they might find a distributor for India

But atleast show customers who bought from your local company/distributor some support.
I bought a product at premium for local warranty and now I have to shell out money if something goes wrong , then what does it mean.

They just kept quiet.

If I am not wrong they also did not bother to inform that they have closed down indian operations.
Not good at all
Yes when they launched they made a huge hue and cry with posts, raffle's etc. Now when they shut down they did it so quietly. Wonder why companies/their dealers/distributors don't have common courtesy of informing/updating, after all it takes a 1 line post and about 1 min of time.
Cheers,
Sid

Feel sad for customers who would have bought from metrum india.
God forbid anything goes wrong with their dacs there will be no one to help.
Most companies/distributors/dealers are this way Rikhav. I have had 2-3 products when their distributor changed or when they ceased operations, I could not even get basic service like tubes, and these are products costing upwards of USD $5000. The manufacturers would not even support paid service. It was as if I bought a grey market product as soon as their distribution or representation in India stopped regardless of the fact I bought with bill and warranty from their authorized India dealer.
I have stopped dealing with these companies and in future purchase of high value items, I am asking for an email confirming that the manufacturer will support their product irrespective of the dealer, else I refuse to buy.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
I feel that manufacturers are more at fault. Ultimately it's between customer and manufacturer.
They also know they are not making any mass market product.
So if such issue arises they have to take care of their customers.

Cees Ruijtenberg is no longer associated with Metrum. He sis part a new brand Sonnet. Morpheus is the DAC on offer

I feel that manufacturers are more at fault. Ultimately it's between customer and manufacturer.
They also know they are not making any mass market product.
So if such issue arises they have to take care of their customers.

I once sent an email to quad as to what amps match best with their speakers, all i got reply was check with your local dealer. Same i asked chord what do to with a broken optical port on the back of their dac, they also said check with your local dealer. The local dealer never bothered to give any priority to me. Whereas there has not been a single instance where i have dropped an email to audiogd and not got a satisfactory answer within one day. Oonchi dukaan feeka pakwaan.

So it's all how a manufacturer operates.
Going by your case bigger the company, more unapproachable they are.

So it's all how a manufacturer operates.
Going by your case bigger the company, more unapproachable they are.
Not necessarily, this must be an exception. Say you are willing to buy 10 lac speaker from a company, if the company does not respond, then I would suspect that the company will not last long, not only in India but anywhere in the world.
Cheers,
Sid

There are few good large companies that are not afraid to promptly reply to customers queries and not just redirect to the dealers, one's that in my experience have provided exemplary response are SVS, Primaluna, KEF. Other members can chime in with their experiences with other manufacturers. Although promptness of reply and eagerness to resolve issues/provide support are two different parameters, if possible we should quantify both.

Back