mezee 99 classics

sand87ch

hi all,

Planning to place an order for the mezee 99 classics probably tonight as am leaving next week and this probably may help me kill some time on flight and layovers.

So getting to it i have some ques for mezee 99 users:-
1. between the gold and walnut silver..does the gold fade and look really bad post use for some time like the gold plating on watches?

2.are there any other issues that i should be aware of?

3.Hows the sound.is it bassy or has it got tight bass..similar to sennheiser momentums?wats the general sound signature like?

i would really appreciate your comments.

Last edited:
Hi,

Have not read much complaints about paint peeling off. I owned the meze 99 classic quiet some time back, they had a really fun signature with good quantity of bass , if my memory serves right they were a bit v shaped on signature with mids slightly recessed ( my point of comparison then was a HD 6XX and Hifiman HE560). Overall great cans and very very easily driven, had not noticed any change in signature even when higher reserves of power or good higher current class amps were used.

Hi, I have the 99 classics (walnut and gold) after 4 years it still looks good and works really well for me. I would describe the sound as detailed with nice separatio, slightly warm, non fatiguing and good for long listening sessions (if over the ear closed back cups are tolerable for you)
They do require some amplification to bring out their best.

cool.i placed the order the same day that inposed this ques here as i was afraid to wait konger due to my travel
nxt week.hence i went for the wal ut/silver one.The packaging was really good,attention to detail that i have seldom seen earlier (probably in apple products).didnt get the time to listen amidst all the packing and all.will post my unboxing video here if anyones interested in k owing wat all it includes etc.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back