MG 1 Airbearing Tonearm

Yup would have suggested the terminator. Planning to get one someday. One fellow who used both preferred the terminator. The air tank requirements are supposedly dead simple not complicated. There's even an option to do away with the arm and mount the headshell direct to a custom made socket. One guys done it for his spu.

Mahiruha you should be able to, all the arm needs is a simple slot. Vic should be able to answer you better if you give him dimensions of intended location. The arm and whole manifold are over the platter which helps in a shorter arm so not sure if you'll be able to mount it outside the plinth...

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh,
that's a superb tonearm and is at an awesome price. I too want to buy one of 'em when I have the spare change... will a bit of research though and see if it will 'fit' on the clearaudio....

As per the gallery all examples seem to be mounted to the right (assuming you are viewing from the front of the table).

Two constraints from audiogon discussions forums seem to be that one needs perfectly level surface, and noisy air pump.

Otherwise, people seem to favour them over much higher priced arms like Origin Live Silver. One even preferred it to a Graham Phantom!

The Kuzma linear tracker and the Bergmann are also great choices. The Kuzma is what I would buy if I won the lottery!

I listened to someone in Mumbai's Kuzma recently and it was pretty darn amazing! I had never seen one of these air bearing tonearms before, and when he started talking about tanks and cylinders It just went completely over my head!

Then I had to come home and listen to my modest JVC DD TT and hang my head in shame :p

Then I had to come home and listen to my modest JVC DD TT and hang my head in shame :p

No need to do that. Kuzmas are the Ferrari/Porsche/<insert your favourite supercar here> of the tonearm world. Not many can afford these babies. Instead, one should be happy to have hitched a ride on one of these. And that's what you did! But, and here's a BIG but, who knows fate may smile on you and bless you with a Kuzma in future? And, while it is being generous, it could even be more generous and also thrown in the table to do justice to the Kuzma:licklips:

if you can afford it get the EMT. i heard an EMT and a bergmann Sindre TT.. the EMT was far ahead in resolution and in tonality of music (pf course in separate systems)
the Terminator is a really great tonearm from all i read but frankly the looks of most air bearing make it too "robotic". a Sheu classic is IMHO a better bargain,

but then thats just me ;). In looks alone the Bergmann is one of the most beautiful TTs despite the tangential arm

from all folks i have spoken to , horizontal tracking is not really that much of an impact on sound practically, especially if you use the longer arms

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back