Mi TV 5X 55 or Redmi Smart TV X55 for Xbox Series X

sim_tcr

Hello,

I am looking to replace old mi tv 4 as its display is showing issues.
I have short listed Mi TV 5X 55 and Redmi Smart TV X55 (based on the fact that, they are the only one in this price range comes with HDMI 2.1)
I know both these TVs are not 120Hz, but for now it will have to do as I am in a budget.
I like the fact that Mi TV 5X 55 got thin bezel, for that there is a 7000 INR price difference. Other than that, does it got any benefit over Redmi Smart TV X55 when in use with Xbox Series X?

Thanks.

Both are exactly the same TV, construction and service experience might be a bit different.

I too use the Mi 4 TV and also facing issues on display after all these years. I am waiting for the TV to die, but it is not giving up.

Why don't you look at Hisense U6g it will be a better option and have better picture quality. I had ordered the U6g but on the delivery day cancelled it, thought will get a OLED for the series X after Mi 4 kaputs.

I would go with the Mi TV if you are on strict budget, the bezels on Mi TV 4 have spoiled me. Wouldn't want a TV with thick bezels.

I too use the Mi 4 TV and also facing issues on display after all these years. I am waiting for the TV to die, but it is not giving up.

Why don't you look at Hisense U6g it will be a better option and have better picture quality. I had ordered the U6g but on the delivery day cancelled it, thought will get a OLED for the series X after Mi 4 kaputs.

I would go with the Mi TV if you are on strict budget, the bezels on Mi TV 4 have spoiled me. Wouldn't want a TV with thick bezels.
my Mi TV 4 display jumps, so cant use it at all now.

Hisense U6g is above budget. I don't want to spend too much above 45K INR.

Yes, Mi TV 4 bezels were too good. So was thinking if Redmi bezels would disappoint me.
If not, I want to cash in that 7K INR differnece.

Hello,

I am looking to replace old mi tv 4 as its display is showing issues.
I have short listed Mi TV 5X 55 and Redmi Smart TV X55 (based on the fact that, they are the only one in this price range comes with HDMI 2.1)
I know both these TVs are not 120Hz, but for now it will have to do as I am in a budget.
I like the fact that Mi TV 5X 55 got thin bezel, for that there is a 7000 INR price difference. Other than that, does it got any benefit over Redmi Smart TV X55 when in use with Xbox Series X?

Thanks.
They are both fake HDMI 2.1. You only have to support ALLM to actually get HDMI 2.1 certification.

They are basically HDMI 2.0 TVs. So don't select them based on this feature.

They are both fake HDMI 2.1. You only have to support ALLM to actually get HDMI 2.1 certification.

They are basically HDMI 2.0 TVs. So don't select them based on this feature.
isnt that still a good feature for when compared to HDMI 2.0 in other TVs ?

isnt that still a good feature for when compared to HDMI 2.0 in other TVs ?
Eh, not really. ALLM just switches you to game mode, which you can do manually just as easily.

I wouldn't even consider such fake HDMI 2.1 when choosing TVs. Real HDMI 2.1 TVs will have at least 40Gbps ports.

Main test of these TV's will be if it passes Dolby Atmos or DTSX through eARC.
I wouldn't consider these TV's for its 2.1 HDMI ports as they offer nothing to be honest, apart from ALLM.

How well these handle motion also has to be seen, the old Mi 4 55" S**ks big time in this.

Any other models you can suggest in 45K price range?

Note: I am just another casual gamer, I never could find any issue playing games on Xbox series x with my old mi tv 4 :)
that kind of tells how much I can really feel.

I finally settled for hisense a71f 55inch. It came out out cheap as they bought back my old non working TV.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back