MI-Tv performacne Vs One Plus One, Motorola, VU

rajkr100

Dear FM Members,

Kindly share your valuable exprience about the Tv of brand i.e Mi, Vu, Motororal,

Kindly also suggest are premium brand like Samsung, LG, and Sony are better than these budget smart Tv.

Dear FM Members,

Kindly share your valuable exprience about the Tv of brand i.e Mi, Vu, Motororal,

Kindly also suggest are premium brand like Samsung, LG, and Sony are better than these budget smart Tv.
For sure Sony, Samsung and LG are better then the budget brands. In lower price brackets the budget brands do offer more VFM products. But if you are willing to spend more Sony,Samsung, LG any day

Last edited:
I have a Sanyo Android TV (Kaizen Series) and is very happy with the Picture quality as well the UI performance. All standard OTT apps including Amazon Prime run well. The sound quality is not great though...

Dear FM Members,

TL;DR - If you are not into pixel peeping or couldn't care less about HDR/ deep blacks etc, just get the largest Mi/OP TV your budget allows for - A bigger screen helps more with overall viewing satisfaction anyday :)
If you are however passionate about video quality, get the top of the line (or just under ) series from Samsung/Sony/LG
In either case, don't bother with the entry / entry+1/2 levels TVs from the premium manufacturers

Rationale -
It would be difficult to find a user who would have used multiple TVs back to back with the same source - Only way to truly test would be to do it yourself at a store
With my limited access , i can tell you the difference between an entry level Samsung (6 series), a Mi UHD and a top end Samsung (9 series) - All UHD
Subjective experience of the same content as below:

- Scene bright, room moderately lit - All 3 look more or less the same, the MI offers better viewing angles though
- Scene bright, room brightly lit - TV set to peak contrast , 9 series looks better than the Mi which in turn looks better than the samsung 6
- Scene dark, room moderately lit - The 9 performs a lot better given its localized dimming and the better inherent contrast, the 6 series and Mi start messing up the blacks and grays and a lot of detail is lost compared to the former (which is also not perfect but still significantly better)

HDR scenes -(Note that Your source device should be capable of switching between HDR and SDR as always on HDR makes SDR content look extremely dull and lifeless)

I disabled HDR on the Mi as the peak nit level is not adequate for good quality HDR viewing i.e. (subjectively speaking) , HDR mode playback looks too dull
The Samsung 9 does a far better job - the color palette is a lot more detailed with HDR -( with the caveat that HDR playback is best done in dimly lit conditions )

Dear FM Members,

If you have a tight budget stick to lower price brackets and from the brands you have listed VU seems to be good, I have used an VU full HD few years back and the picture quality for its price was really good.

If your pocket is loaded with money, look around for premium brands, preferably from SONY, Samsung.

Forum members can help you decide better if you can share your budget for TV, Full HD, 4k or OLED?

I haves seen VU, TCL and MI live either in usage or in demo and there is barely any noticeable difference between them. I can't differentiate in PQ with my limited knowledge.

I feel go for the best ones among these for getting the best bang for your buck. Like for TCL P8S, VU premium Android and Mi 4X 65 in will offer you good brightness, great colors and best panel among all of its other models.

Thanks dear for all your valuable advise. However I wish to share one thing that at the time of visiting Vijay sales for demo the picture quality of LG, sony Etc. was better than Mi, TCL Vu etc. specially brightness. Moreover , MiTv was quoted 36k and LG tv was quoted 47k for 50 inch after all discount and cash back. I think LG is good option in view of this.

Also Is it advisable to purchased TV form Flipcart or Amazon i.e.
As these model is not available in store and the sales man advise me not to get it online as these model can be assembled.

Thanks

Don't trust the showroom people @rajkr100, they have an agenda to make a sale and will tell you all sort of stories for you to believe it.

Demo are the best way for you to evaluate the TV. Also, during demo, try to see the TV settings. Showrooms do put certain settings on TV that they want to target and sell. I haven't demoed any 50in TV myself. My major demos have been in 65 or 75 category.

If you did like an LG 50in, go for it. 10k isn't that much of a difference for a device that you'll keep for few years to come.

Don't trust the showroom people @rajkr100, they have an agenda to make a sale and will tell you all sort of stories for you to believe it.

Demo are the best way for you to evaluate the TV. Also, during demo, try to see the TV settings. Showrooms do put certain settings on TV that they want to target and sell. I haven't demoed any 50in TV myself. My major demos have been in 65 or 75 category.

If you did like an LG 50in, go for it. 10k isn't that much of a difference for a device that you'll keep for few years to come.

But if demos don't match your viewing environment at home, they aren't a good way to judge, because stores have really bright lighting, which can masks various issues, including uniformity, blooming and bad contrast ratios. Plus, most TVs have a store mode, and TVs at home aren't being used in store mode. Go and check redisco's thread an buying experience. He's disappointed when the TV got home and can't return it. This is why people need to be informed.

for the longest time even i contemplated whether to go with these brands such as TCL (not to be confused with TCL USA, which is extremely good), VU etc etc ... thought how bad can it be given their price point? But trust me, their upscaling is so so, colors absolutely sucks, and picture processing is disastrous to say the least ... often times scenes looks muddy water color like, unnecessary sharpness and color tints .... now i dont whether some settings were messed up in these sets or not but if your budget permits go for Panasonic, sony, lg, samsung , in that order of my personal preference.

Try to get a quote for the panasonic 49gx750, which in my opinion looked stunning and definitely better than the rest at the same given price point.

Thanks dear for all your valuable advise. However I wish to share one thing that at the time of visiting Vijay sales for demo the picture quality of LG, sony Etc. was better than Mi, TCL Vu etc. specially brightness. Moreover , MiTv was quoted 36k and LG tv was quoted 47k for 50 inch after all discount and cash back. I think LG is good option in view of this.

Also Is it advisable to purchased TV form Flipcart or Amazon i.e.
As these model is not available in store and the sales man advise me not to get it online as these model can be assembled.

Thanks
Whats your budget?How bright is your room?what you watch primarily?

Answer these so all members can give you better recommendations

Dear Budget is 50k my room is 12x12. I think premium brand is good option. i.e Sony, Samsung, LG etc.

Dear Budget is 50k my room is 12x12. I think premium brand is good option. i.e Sony, Samsung, LG etc.
Oh then go for likes of VU or Iffalcon and Mi tv etc.In my personal opinion it does not makes sense to go for premium brand for sub 1lac tv.

what about Oneplus tv ? No users here ? plz give an insight comparing with all 55 4k brands available under 1Lakh INR

Also you may consider Panasonic TVs. I have the Panasonic Smart TV and I am very satisfied with the picture quality, sound and features it offers. IMO Panasonic is a very good VFM brand providing a very good quality product. I guess they dont spend much on marketing like other brands.

Finally after much consideration opted for Sony 4k Uhd Anoriod tv 49 inch at 68k with 3 yrs. extended warranty (total 4 yrs. warranty). I have chosen as there was a flat 20k discount on the original price and also got rs. 5500/- extra discount and 30% discount on extended warranty.

Thanks

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back