Mic for Smule App

coolraghav

Guys,

Can anyone advise me best setup for Smule iPhone App ? Airpods doesn't provide good recording quality at all.

Thanks!

Guys,

Can anyone advise me best setup for Smule iPhone App ? Airpods doesn't provide good recording quality at all.

Thanks!
Pretty Simple Raghav !!! Go for a Rode SmartLav+ mic that suits an iPhone perfect. It costs anywhere between ₹ 4,500 - ₹ 5,500 on Amazon.com

You can also try the Boya Lav mic BY-M1 instead, that's available again on amazon for ₹ 885 - ₹ 1,400

We use these mics for news reporting in most well known media houses or TV channels.

Last edited:
You should actually explore their site: http://en.rode.com/
Rode is more professional. They have numerous products for musicians. They have products to add 2 mics, etc.
Thank you for your revert mate,
Shouldn't i use something with lightning port ?
Also once i connect the 3.5mm with converter, from where would i listen the karoeke music ?

Thank you for your revert mate,
Shouldn't i use something with lightning port ?
Also once i connect the 3.5mm with converter, from where would i listen the karoeke music ?
1. To answer your first question: your iPhone came with lightning to 3.5mm adapter. Use that. There are lav mics available with lightning ports. But then you will be restricting your mic to be used only with an iPhone. I suggested 3.5mm so that you keep your options open for future.
2. Buy Rode SC6. It’s an adapter that has three ports. 2 for mics and one for earphone or headphone out. This will open up your options for adding two mics while attaching a headphone for monitoring.
I hope I manage to understand your requirement as well as help you with an appropriate solution ?

1. To answer your first question: your iPhone came with lightning to 3.5mm adapter. Use that. There are lav mics available with lightning ports. But then you will be restricting your mic to be used only with an iPhone. I suggested 3.5mm so that you keep your options open for future.
2. Buy Rode SC6. It’s an adapter that has three ports. 2 for mics and one for earphone or headphone out. This will open up your options for adding two mics while attaching a headphone for monitoring.
I hope I manage to understand your requirement as well as help you with an appropriate solution ?
You were of great help mate. I will look into these bro.

By the way @coolraghav , could u tell us ur smule id?
It's for my father's passion . I've not started yet. :p

@Sutradhaar from where you think i can source rode sc6-l as it has lightning port and circuits specifically made for iphone / ipads .

Try Amazon.in:

OR

Trimac Products Private Limited
D-40, DSIIDC PACKAGING COMPLEX, KIRTI NAGAR
DELHI, Delhi, 110015
11-41320102
[email protected]
www.trimacppl.com

They are the authorised distributers for Rode products in India.
Can ask for Mr Sachin Beher at Trimac

Basically iRig+ allows us to provide audio input into an iPhone from any external source. Otherwise, we usually are restricted to mic inputs into an iPhone using an external mic or using the iPhones' internal mics.
It also gives us option of controlling the audio input level and gives phantom power to passive external microphones like handheld mics that journalists or reporters use.

Do share your final purchase & setup. I am really curious :)
Till now I've got iPad pro old model 12.9 inch so father can read the text easily for 29k.

He wants soemthing far from the screen, I'm going to find earphones with bigger length.

Till now I've got iPad pro old model 12.9 inch so father can read the text easily for 29k.

He wants soemthing far from the screen, I'm going to find earphones with bigger length.
So, wired earphones is what you're looking for now ?
Standard wired earphones comes with a 1 meter length cable, if am not wrong ?
And if you were looking at even longer cables, I suggest not to restrict yourself or compromise with the earphone that sounds good.
Choose the best earphone that you or your father prefers and buy the Rode SC1 extension cable. It's a 6 meter TRRS male to female extension cable.

Hey
Does anyone know headset and mic which is sleek and comfortable wearing not like gaming headset..

Father is looking for something lyk that .

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back