Mini stereo amplifier

voyager

Hello everyone, greeting!

This is my first post (question). I browsed through forum and this is a wonderful place. Not sure why I didnt find this earlier!

I am looking for a smaller sized amplifier, stereo to go with my Bose 161 speakers. This is for casual listening, but expect some basic quality output.
I am currently located in US & plan to buy and take this with me to India (hence smaller profile).

Currently I have any Onkyo TX SR 343 5.1 which is I am happy with as good for movies (its attached to my TV). Sadly I will not be able to take it with me.
The Onkyo drives my Bose speakers very well (I know those are not best speakers, but still portable).

I tried a 2.1 amp from Fosi Audio (bought via Amazon) and sadly it not only produces a lot of static noise, it just could not drive the speakers at all.
I will be returning it, may be I got a bad one.

Any suggestions. My budget is less than $200.

This is my first post (question). I browsed through forum and this is a wonderful place. Not sure why I didnt find this earlier!

I am looking for a smaller sized amplifier, stereo to go with my Bose 161 speakers. This is for casual listening, but expect some basic quality output.
I am currently located in US & plan to buy and take this with me to India (hence smaller profile).

Currently I have any Onkyo TX SR 343 5.1 which is I am happy with as good for movies (its attached to my TV). Sadly I will not be able to take it with me.
The Onkyo drives my Bose speakers very well (I know those are not best speakers, but still portable).

I tried a 2.1 amp from Fosi Audio (bought via Amazon) and sadly it not only produces a lot of static noise, it just could not drive the speakers at all.

At $200, you can go for Norge amps, far superior than the class D amps available in Amazon.

Buy a norge or dnm. Don't expect great performance though. The norge will be much better sounding. Or maybe a used norge if you find one on the forum.

Well it would have been great to recommend you to buy in India, however, when in US, its better to choose from the huge pool of options available.

Below is a list not in any particular order, within the budget mentioned, you could pick from:

1. SMSL SA50 - Price:$65.00
2. SMSL SA-36A Plus
3. SMSL SA-50 Plus - Price:$95.99
4. Micca OriGain Compact Stereo Integrated Amplifier and DAC - Price:$99.99
5. Micca OriGain Compact Stereo Integrated Amplifier - Price:$79.99
6. Teac AI-101DA-B - Price:$199.95

PS: I have not used any of these personally, however, have read good words about them. Research and pick the one that suits you best.

MaSh

If the amp you bought produced only static, then it is likely a defective unit. Just return it and get a replacement. Remember that ALL of these are mass produced in China to a price, so QC errors are inevitable.
The SMSL ones suggested above have a good reputation.

Well it would have been great to recommend you to buy in India, however, when in US, its better to choose from the huge pool of options available.

Below is a list not in any particular order, within the budget mentioned, you could pick from:

1. SMSL SA50 - Price:$65.00
2. SMSL SA-36A Plus
3. SMSL SA-50 Plus - Price:$95.99
4. Micca OriGain Compact Stereo Integrated Amplifier and DAC - Price:$99.99
5. Micca OriGain Compact Stereo Integrated Amplifier - Price:$79.99
6. Teac AI-101DA-B - Price:$199.95

PS: I have not used any of these personally, however, have read good words about them. Research and pick the one that suits you best.

MaSh
Thank you sir.

If the amp you bought produced only static, then it is likely a defective unit. Just return it and get a replacement. Remember that ALL of these are mass produced in China to a price, so QC errors are inevitable.
The SMSL ones suggested above have a good reputation.
Yes, I was going to buy SMSL AD 18.

Looks like it be better to buy in India, due to support issues.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back