Mission Lx 2 Vs WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 220 BOOKSHELF SPEAKERS

Sandesh

Hi guys,

I need your advice regarding budget bookshelf speakers. I'm looking to buy a pair both for music and my home theater system(TV LG c9). I will connect it to my onkyo amp TX DS676) and onkyo surround sound speakers (back speaker and middle with subwoofer). I will play Extreme Metal, Rock, 80% of the time and some Electronic stuff (industrial/power electronics/old trance) 20% of the time and of course watch TV. I was thinking of the above two speakers which match my budget. Can you guys suggest what would work out better? Also are there any other speaker brands/models I should look at?

Have you auditioned any speakers. It's actually very tough to suggest blind. On paper Wharfedale are warm and should match the amp, however there are many other factors that can influence sound in the end, not to forget your own preference.

Try auditioning speakers and what you felt. That would make it easier for FM's to suggest.

MaSh

Have you auditioned any speakers. It's actually very tough to suggest blind. On paper Wharfedale are warm and should match the amp, however there are many other factors that can influence sound in the end, not to forget your own preference.

Try auditioning speakers and what you felt. That would make it easier for FM's to suggest.

MaSh
Unfortunately I dont think any one has these speakers in a showroom in Bangalore.

Hi, i have the LX3s which have the same drivers as the LX2 and also the 220s. The 220s replaced the Diamond 10.1s and frankly I prefer the 10.1s. The 220s sound a bit more boxy than the Diamonds 10.1s more so in bigger rooms. However the sound signature is pleasing and they will pair better with the Onkyo.

The LX3 imaging is exceptional, the sound dispersion is more open and less boxy than the Wharfs surely. They sound a bit more neutral than the 220s.

However there will be a discernible diff in the sound signatures, so it's best if you can audition.

If you cannot I suggest the Wharfs if the room size is smaller. For bigger rooms and broader sweet spot the LX2 will do well.

I recently purchased a pair of mission Lx2,Lx1 & Lx centre for a friend from hifimart.

Lx1 are available for 15999/= at hifimart. I audiotioned them with my Yamaha avr & liked them a lot. These had good reviews also.

They are very good speakers for the price & can very well compete with speakers costing 25-30k.

Hi, i have the LX3s which have the same drivers as the LX2 and also the 220s. The 220s replaced the Diamond 10.1s and frankly I prefer the 10.1s. The 220s sound a bit more boxy than the Diamonds 10.1s more so in bigger rooms. However the sound signature is pleasing and they will pair better with the Onkyo.

The LX3 imaging is exceptional, the sound dispersion is more open and less boxy than the Wharfs surely. They sound a bit more neutral than the 220s.

However there will be a discernible diff in the sound signatures, so it's best if you can audition.

If you cannot I suggest the Wharfs if the room size is smaller. For bigger rooms and broader sweet spot the LX2 will do well.
My room is about around 12-13 ft...What do you suggest?

Hi guys,

I need your advice regarding budget bookshelf speakers. I'm looking to buy a pair both for music and my home theater system(TV LG c9). I will connect it to my onkyo amp TX DS676) and onkyo surround sound speakers (back speaker and middle with subwoofer). I will play Extreme Metal, Rock, 80% of the time and some Electronic stuff (industrial/power electronics/old trance) 20% of the time and of course watch TV. I was thinking of the above two speakers which match my budget. Can you guys suggest what would work out better? Also are there any other speaker brands/models I should look at?
I have been using the 220s and 210s in my HT and the speakers are excellent. However I would suggest you have a look at the Elac Debut speakers as well. They have rave reviews all over. If you are looking at higher efficiency try the klipsch speakers. Today if I had to build my HT from scratch I would rather use super efficient speakers rather than cry about inadequate AVR power later on. Just my opinion.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back