Mobile phone interrupting the TATA Sky Digital TV signal

Xander

Dear All

I am facing a peculiar problem. Whenever I get or place a call or receive or send message, on the Sony Xperia mobile( Vodafone network) I get the tata sky signal completely or partially interrupted. :sad: My Samsung note (on airtel network) doesn't have the same problem. Something can be done about this? I am still to inspect whether its the network provider issue or whether it is pertaining to the phone as such.

this is weird... i never had issues with TS with either vodafone/airtel or any network even if the phone was charging next to the STB.

above that STB gets signal via antenna from top from hard cable. doubtful if a phone network can create such an interruption. try changing phone with same sim and see if it makes a diffrence. if yes then its the phone else try another sim in same phone.

it happened to me as well for dish tv STB. it was because of the poor signal, check the signal strength of the channel..Ring the tata support local and explain, they might change the dish position to boost the signal strength...

For me, they changed the dish position and no interrupts from then. Now, changed to Airtel though.

Issue is clear. With farther distance from Mobile Tower, handset transmits more power. In case of weak signal received at any source, could be easily interfered by such strong microwave radiations. Your TS dish is misaligned or wire is lengthy or wire internal shield is compromised.

I am also using vodafone and tatasky,there is no problem, I am putting my mobile near to setbox every day..

well in the same apartment complex in another flat I was using the same setup box TS connection. And was using the Vodafone and airtel connections upon the said phones. I think the flat I have moved in have weak vodafone signal and as misraji said the vodafone signal maybe weak here ( but phone shows full signal though)making the phone to over work and interrupting the TS signal. I will shift to airtel from Vodafone maybe, as my other airtel connection doesn't create trouble. Fixing Tata sky signal is another way out , but the thing is since the vodafone signal is weak and making the phone to emit more radiation is bad too for health I guess. so better is to move to a network which make phone not go ultra 'microwavematic' . What say?

Last edited:
In any case TS signal must not be interfered by mobile handset. Please correct TS setup, that is looking like root cause. Mobile power should never overpower it. Please check signal strength/quality of your setup from TS user settings menu.

Last edited:
In any case TS signal must not be interfered by mobile handset. Please correct TS setup, that is looking like root cause. Mobile power should never overpower it. Please check signal strength/quality of your setup from TS user settings menu.

I will post the pic mishraji I am not sure how do u measure the strength.

Do you have wireless setup on your TS box?

No wireless on TS box. Again does TS box comes with wireless setup?

And to add I found a rectangular box ( Mobile booster maybe) outside one of the balconies of the flat I stay in.

Is this is causing the interruption ?

Also does each booster is specific to a network?
if so then need to investigate whether this is Vodafone one.
If not specific to a network then it is not the cause of the problem as airtel doesn't interrupt the tv signal.

Also that leads to my another question, the booster is outside on the side of the balcony next to bedroom facing away. does it create any health threat or radiation?:sad:

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back