sidvee

Esteemed FM's
I have recently agreed to help moderate the forum in certain areas. I have noticed a lot of threads going OT, derailed and generally not being friendly to all views, which we were so much more tolerant of a few years ago. One advice - kindly think before you post especially when the post may not be related to what the thread starter intended. An argument is fine as long as it is done in a civilized manner. Looking forward to helping keep HFV as the most popular and friendliest Hi-fi/HT site around.
Cheers,
Sid

Dear Mod,

I see you thanking a post on trolls. In the same thread there was blatant disregard for the rules and I am surprised to see that you are not doing anything about. I thought the rules say all posting must be in English and when I saw you making a thanks for an unspecific remark on another FM which was followed by the non English post I am confused as well.

Is the moderator encouraging flouting of the rules?

Congrats, Sidvee! It is great to see more and more seasoned hands on board the moderator panel! :)

Congrats Sid!

Thanks for volunteering your time in helping us to keep our forum organized and enjoyable... I wish you all the best in keeping the community together and helping it remain attractive to newbies, and to maintain civility in various sections of the site.

I believe it takes lot of hard work to keep this Forum up and running.

Rgds

Congrats Sidvee!
Good to see another knowledgeable member joining us for moderator duties....

Dear Mod,

I see you thanking a post on trolls. In the same thread there was blatant disregard for the rules and I am surprised to see that you are not doing anything about. I thought the rules say all posting must be in English and when I saw you making a thanks for an unspecific remark on another FM which was followed by the non English post I am confused as well.

Is the moderator encouraging flouting of the rules?

Hello Ambio,
Yes, the specific post which broke the rules is being addressed as we speak. Please be clear - no moderator is encouraging any rule breaking - it is more of an oversight as the forum is growing and not enough moderators to cover all posts. Also regarding me posting a thanks - it was on a general post on Trolls which was very apt. as I have myself have seen this activity and one of the reason's why I volunteered. Not sure where you are reading unspecified remarks on another FM on that first post. Also please do not pursue this further and kindly drop it here. Rest assured any posts that break rules will be dealt with appropriately.
Cheers,
Sid

Thank you all kindly. Proud to be here, interacting and exchanging views with all of you.
Cheers,
Sid

Congrats Sid. Welcome onboard! You are in at the right time as the forum needs to grow in the right direction and move to the next orbit.

Thanks for taking this up !..Good of you to chip in sidvee . I don't envy the other mods. This is a thankless job and something done over and above a day job.

Thank you all again, for the wonderful welcome. Your support is much appreciated.
Cheers,
Sid

Threads are not only closed, but disappearing.... Sheesh, what a bad state of affairs

Bye for now.

Hopefully not forever: I'll check back in a while to see if the forum has become a FORUM ...

a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

... again. Doesn't look like it just now.

A sad day.

Threads are not only closed, but disappearing.... Sheesh, what a bad state of affairs

Bye for now.

Hopefully not forever: I'll check back in a while to see if the forum has become a FORUM ...

A sad day.

No! You should remain and speak up regularly. I am not as polished as you are. I know Let's keep the forum clean and the mute features all were directed at me. And not to mentioned the uncalled remarks in the various posts that went uncensored.

So Thad please carry on the torch. I am voluntarily leaving the forum as it is obvious the the fake cable thread too was uncomfortable to the Mod.

To those still interested in Ambiophonics, which can be found in Lounge thread, may still reach me through some members who here. if no one comes forward you can still PM me with your email and I will replay.

Enjoy your music and dont chase equipment. That's not the answer to good music.

Cheers!

Bye for now.

A sad day.

Thanks Thad. Have a good day.
Cheers,
Sid

No! You should remain and speak up regularly. I am not as polished as you are. I know Let's keep the forum clean and the mute features all were directed at me. And not to mentioned the uncalled remarks in the various posts that went uncensored.

So Thad please carry on the torch. I am voluntarily leaving the forum as it is obvious the the fake cable thread too was uncomfortable to the Mod.

To those still interested in Ambiophonics, which can be found in Lounge thread, may still reach me through some members who here. if no one comes forward you can still PM me with your email and I will replay.

Enjoy your music and dont chase equipment. That's not the answer to good music.

Cheers!

So long Ambio.
Cheers,
Sid

To other forum members, I believe an explanation is called for. It is simply that we (moderators & super Mod) are monitoring threads that are getting seriously OT and plan to control this activity so that smooth flow is maintained. Unfortunately some FM's consider this censorship, whereas it is a simple fact of democracy, majority counts, and majority need to feel welcome here. These FM's are leaving out of their own volition or in bad cases they are asked to leave. Please support me and other mod's to implement rules so that free flow of information is maintained. All other Forums do this and we intend to do so as well.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,
I had asked mods to close the 'Keep the forum clean' as it was turning in to same unnecessary arguments and controversies just like other threads. Actually the thread was not needed as I had said in the thread itself 'Forum rules are simple to understand and easy to follow' But some may have not read forum rules and may be were too lax to read all the rules. Rules specifically says that "Direct / indirect trolling is not allowed" For me it is ok that the thread was deleted. As it was not worth archiving. Members learning from it was enough.

Our forum is a free forum. There are no fees. it should be seen as a privilege. So I would also request members not to disregard the mods. You are all aware that mods do not get paid. They are doing it for the love of the hobby. Keep trust in them.
Thanks and regards. :)

Hiten,
Thanks for chiming in. Yes I had hoped that stating you had asked for thread closure would be enough explanation, however it appears to some it was not. Anyways no issues. Though we welcome FM's when they join, and are sad when they leave, we will continue on - hopefully for a long time to come.
One final thing - moderator actions are final, so really undoing is not possible.
Cheers,
Sid

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back