Monitor Audio BR5/BX5 FS for 14X14 room, overkill ?

krishpiscean

Hi,

Requirement: Same set of speakers for both music and movies with int amp and avr

Auditioned Monitor Audio speakers M4, BR5, BX5 and RS5. M4 didn't please my ears and BR5 and BX5 are decent with good vocals. Checked it for movies too with bronze series center, i liked the experience esp. the center speaker.

Would BR5/BX5 be a overkill for 14X14 drawing room.

Is Wharfdale 9.5 or 9.6 better than MA br5/bx5? Hyd has limited options in this budget of 60k for fronts and center.

Pls advice.

BR5 felt to be an overkill for my room which is 15x10. I think they were pretty loud when I was hunting for a pair of FS. Being loud didn't mean they were not nice to hear, but even for a low reference level, they sounded pretty loud. Hence did not go for them. Else, a very nice pair of speakers.

for a 14 by 14.. Floorstanders would be a bit too much. Try front ported large Bookshelves supported by a subwoofer.( for this your integ amp must have a pre out )

rgds,
mpw

BR5 felt to be an overkill for my room which is 15x10. I think they were pretty loud when I was hunting for a pair of FS. Being loud didn't mean they were not nice to hear, but even for a low reference level, they sounded pretty loud. Hence did not go for them. Else, a very nice pair of speakers.

So, paradigm monitor 9s are good for 15x10 room or are you using them in a different room?

So, paradigm monitor 9s are good for 15x10 room or are you using them in a different room?

Paradigm 9s are being used in the same room and I am good with them :) It helps that they are pretty detailed even at low volumes so I typically don't crank them beyond -20 levels. BR5s would have sounded "boomy" in my set-up and would have been a kill-joy.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back