Monitor Audio BX2: BR2 Upgrade, worth the wait?

I too might be interested .... where in Delhi are you getting the BR2 / BX2, when available .... any price idea?

Anybody know when this might be available in India? I am about to buy the BR2's. Should i wait it out?

The new MA BX series, starting from BX2 to BX6, are all available with Audio People, Chennai. And, yeah, better to go with BX2, seems to have better SQ than what it's replacing.

:)

The new MA BX series, starting from BX2 to BX6, are all available with Audio People, Chennai. And, yeah, better to go with BX2, seems to have better SQ than what it's replacing.

:)

Hai Vinod,

Is it available? When did you enquire? When i contacted them last week they were not certain, and said only BR-2 is available?

N.Murali

I had called Audio People just 10 mts ago and they have the BX2 only for demo.

These are the prices I enquired as given below for reference.

RX2-Rs.54700
RX1-Rs.43900
RXFX-Rs.52650
RX Centre-Rs.38500

BR2-Rs.28300
BR Centre-Rs.18900
BRFX-Rs.27000

prices are net of all taxes and the person told that he can give a discount of upto 5-7% accordingly

I had called Audio People just 10 mts ago and they have the BX2 only for demo.

These are the prices I enquired as given below for reference.

RX2-Rs.54700
RX1-Rs.43900
RXFX-Rs.52650
RX Centre-Rs.38500

prices are net of all taxes and the person told that he can give a discount of upto 5-7% accordingly

The prices appear to be pretty high. RX 1 UK price at launch was 400 GBP. A 15 % reduction in the price would appear to be reasonable. Guess it'll have to depend on your bargaining skills. Wasn't there a thread about the subject? Always thought Audio People had reasonable prices....just my opinion

The prices appear to be pretty high. RX 1 UK price at launch was 400 GBP. A 15 % reduction in the price would appear to be reasonable. Guess it'll have to depend on your bargaining skills. Wasn't there a thread about the subject? Always thought Audio People had reasonable prices....just my opinion

May be they quoted the MRP when enquired over phone, should be reasonable on a visit to their stores...Hope so?

BX2 is available at 30k at Boomerang, Mumbai after discounts. The now discontinued BR2 can be picked up for around 22 after discounts. Didn't bargain much - was just getting an idea of the prices in Mumbai. Apparently there is a high demand for the BX2s, so not too much discount on them. I guess we can thank whathifi for that :)

Interestingly, the KEF Q300, which belongs to the next level of speakers, is available cheaper in India (~28.7k). Would have wanted to demo them simultaneously, but I don't know of any store carrying both Kef and MA.

I heard the BX2 at the Audio People last week. Anyone who has been to the showroom will know that the main area is possibly the worst place to audition bookshelf speakers as the room is massive and does no justice to small speakers. So, the speakers sounded so-so. However, I would love have a listen in a better environment.
The quality is very good (gorgeous speakers) and they seem to be good VFM. At that price point, I would also give serious attention to the new KEF Q series.

Hi Guys,

Has any one of you tried to compare the BX2 with PSB Image B6 ? I know Rana Kirit has tried but any one else who has tried and is willing to share the experiance will be helpful. Thanks

Hi Guys,

Has any one of you tried to compare the BX2 with PSB Image B6 ? I know Rana Kirit has tried but any one else who has tried and is willing to share the experiance will be helpful. Thanks

I too am interested in knowing this. If anyone has heard the BX2, Image B6 and Kef Q100/300, please share your comparative comments on the three.
From a price perspective, from what I have gathered:
BX2: ~30k
B6: ~27k
Q100: 22.5k
Q300: 28.7k

Hi Buddy,

I have tried them and below was my impression about them

MA BX2 - Crisp highs, sharp sounding and slightly bright - Found them to be good for music

PSB Image B6 - Neutral sounding speakers and liked them for HTS and music too is good so balanced speakers ( but may be i liked MA more for music )

KEF Q series - They wernt as good as above to on either music or for HT.

Disclaimer - The above views are based on my limited knowledge so you may want to take some expert views and experience the speakers yourself before making your decision :)

Regards,
Naren

Back