Monitor audio vs Dali

Which is a better option to go with
Monitor audio BR5 or Dali concept 6.

Monitor Audio BR5 being a dual chambered reflex will add up + extension at the lower octave side. Upper response also pretty impressive "30k". Lower at power handling in compared to Dali's 150W. Again depending on how much you fed them.
As to Dali's dual 6 1/2" LF drivers. Overall low presence will be better in compared to (BR5) with more headroom at a higher power handling up to 150W's.
In one word BR5 will be bright sounding & Concept 6 slightly soft & warm sounding.

Monitor Audio BR5 being a dual chambered reflex will add up + extension at the lower octave side. Upper response also pretty impressive "30k". Lower at power handling in compared to Dali's 150W. Again depending on how much you fed them.
As to Dali's dual 6 1/2" LF drivers. Overall low presence will be better in compared to (BR5) with more headroom at a higher power handling up to 150W's.
In one word BR5 will be bright sounding & Concept 6 slightly soft & warm sounding.

Thanks for your opinion
Any idea on the cost and from where I can get BR5 in delhi

sachin, try with bass and treble.. they are located in ghitorni market. they have monitor audio. Danny is a gem of a person who own B n 'T.

you can try Dali's with top gizmo in noida sec 18 market but i am not sure he stocks concept or else visit sight and sound they just might have it.

i would say Dali's are a little more open sounding than MA but then thats my perception however they both have different signature sound you must listen to see which one suits your taste.

do make sure you take your collection along so that you can compare each song on different brand's

Last edited:
I have been using Dali concept 6 speaker the sound is good but it seriously lacks some bass. But has a nice warm musical sound.

I have been using Dali concept 6 speaker the sound is good but it seriously lacks some bass. But has a nice warm musical sound.

" lacks some bass " Do you mean at the lower end extension or overall presence ?.
Lower extension would be greater in Monitor Audio BR 5, as to the dual chambered reflex arrangement. As I had earlier said in post # 2.

Which is a better option to go with
Monitor audio BR5 or Dali concept 6.

@Sachin.... I think there is only one distributor in India for Monitor Audio and it is in Chennai.
The problem is either you have to visit Chennai or ask someone to get it for you from there.
Last time I called MA guys (in chennai) for BX Center, the refused to ship it to Kolkata.

@Sachin.... I think there is only one distributor in India for Monitor Audio and it is in Chennai.
The problem is either you have to visit Chennai or ask someone to get it for you from there.
Last time I called MA guys (in chennai) for BX Center, the refused to ship it to Kolkata.

Correction.... TheAudioPeople sells Monitor Audio and they have branchs in Chennai and Hydrabad. They can even ship to your doorstep.

I've received a quotation from them yesterday:
BX Center - 20000/- (plus shipping)
BX1 (pair) - 30000/- (plus shipping)

Finally I have purchased BR5 they are sounding gr8

You got the BR5 ? I thought BR5s were replaced by BX5s everywhere

I was looking for BR5s myself. Now only BX5 is available and they are really expensive, compared to the BR5s

How much did you get the BR5s for ?

Last edited:
Saran I have too acquired Dali Concept 6 speakers last month. Right now using them with DNM 8080 amp and my laptop with an external DAC from Asus as teh source.
Which amp do you use with your speakers? I am told 'warmer' amps like Sansui are better suited for bright speakers like Dali. What's your advice?
thanks
Nitin

I heard Zensor 1,5 and 7 too.All are not bright sounding when paired with Marantz.
MA has some colored sound and to me its not perfect.Sometimes reflection can make speaker sound bright.In Mumbai av expo,I felt the same.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back