As a part of my equipment thinning exercise, I am putting up my beloved Monk Audio Phono for sale.
My new integarted amp has built in MM and MC phonos plus I already do have another ref grade Phono - Naim with it TOTL power supply. SO letting this go at an unbelievable price!
The Monk is a transformer based MM/MC phono preamp with Swiss-army like precision, external power supply, sonic performance that blows away preamps costing much, much more and an amazing array of features: • Choice of 5 equalizing curves • Stereo, mono, left, right channel selection • Two-stage gain adjustment: MC gain up to 70 dB • Three phono inputs • Impedance settings: 15 kΩ, 33 kΩ, 47 kΩ, 56 kΩ, 100 kΩ, 220 kΩ • Capacitance settings: 47 pF, 100 pF, 150 pF, 220 pF, 470 pF, 820 pF Read the over-the-top review from Jeff Dorgay of Tone Audio at the link below. http://www.tonepublications.com/analogaholic/the-monk-audio-phonostage/ Retail price is $3,495. Plus shipping. Plus 43% customs etc...
I am selling it for 70k plus shipping.
Condition is 9/10... would have given it 10/10 but due to it being used - won't! but yeah it looks new! Sparingly used.
Will pack it securely - bomb proof!
Also, i had bought a Teradak LPSU for it. Can sell that for an additional 12k. A new one would cost you about $350 plus shipping and customs.
here are some pictures:
BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!
Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.
- Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
- Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
- Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
- Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
- The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
- Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
- Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
- It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
- Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
- Do your research on comparative prices for the product.
- Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
- Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
- Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
- Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
- It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
- Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.