Mordaunt Short Mezzo 9 Sub-woofer Issue. Need help !!

bassguitar

Hey,

One driver of my Mezzo 9 suddenly started making some noise like cracking when the driver moves. Its the end of the sub-woofer as it not listenable. I sent it to couple of speaker repairs through my seller but unfortunately it could not be fixed :(.
It is one of the best sub-woofers I have ever heard and MS is no longer in market for purchase and spares too.
If anyone can help me with an option for a compatible driver of same standard(don't want compromised sound) ? Any other suggestions for repair or anyone has Mezzo 9 for sale.. please let me know.

Thanks much...
Bassguitar

Hey,

One driver of my Mezzo 9 suddenly started making some noise like cracking when the driver moves. Its the end of the sub-woofer as it not listenable. I sent it to couple of speaker repairs through my seller but unfortunately it could not be fixed :(.
It is one of the best sub-woofers I have ever heard and MS is no longer in market for purchase and spares too.
If anyone can help me with an option for a compatible driver of same standard(don't want compromised sound) ? Any other suggestions for repair or anyone has Mezzo 9 for sale.. please let me know.

Thanks much...
Bassguitar
The Mordaunt Shorts ain't junk so it would be good to get them working.

As for replacing the driver, you need to match the T/S parameters of the driver to the cab... and if you don't know the specs of the stock driver, specifically x-max, you have no way of knowing if a replacement would be better, or even as good for that matter.

If you are really used to poking your head into the innards of speakers, you can measure the other functional woofer (or get it measured). If the exact replacement driver is not available you could replace with the closest equivalent.
Of course for best result you would have to replace both units to match.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back