• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale MORE JAZZ LPs

Wharfedale Diamond 225
Status
Not open for further replies.

tanaka

Hi, all my records are in excellent condition. They have not been played more than once or twice and have never been played since 2006 when I sold my turntable. The LPs are all imports.
---------------------------
Illinois Jacquet Birthday Party - 180gm + Bonus 12" - US Vinyl LP Records GROOVE NOTE GRV1003
Limited To Just 1000 Copies Worldwide!

ILLINOIS JACQUET Birthday Party (Rare US limited edition audiophile issue of the 1975 5-track LP pressed on 180gm Super Vinyl, recorded live in Japan with bonus 12" 45RPM LP 2-track supercut disc.

Musicians:
Joe Newman, trumpet, Art Farmer, flugelhorn, Jimmie Smith, Piano
Kenny Burrell, guitar, Jack Six, bass, Roy Haynes, drums
Gerry Mulligan, baritone, James Moody, tenor, flute

MAIN LP
1. Ebb Tide
2. Birthday Party Blues
3.The Shadow Of Your Smile
4. On The Beach
5. Polka Dots & Moon Beams

BONUS LP 45rpm:
1. Birthday Party Blues
2. The Shadow Of Your Smile

Asking Rs.5000/-
------------------------------------------------------------

SONNY ROLLINS - TENOR MADNESS LP REISSUE OJC GERMANY

Tenor Madness, in which he was joined by the rhythm section from the Miles Davis Quintet, further substantiated and underlined his rapidly rising stature.

The material is an effective mixture of Rollins playing attitudes with an intriguing original, Pauls Pal, and the mining of unusual material such as My Reverie and The Most Beautiful Girl in the World. And, of course, there is the celebrated title track featuring the two titans to emerge in the Fifties, Rollins and his guest, visiting in the studio that day, John Coltrane.

Musicians:
Sonny Rollins, tenor sax, John Coltrane, tenor sax, Red Garland, piano
Paul Chambers, bass, "Philly" Joe Jones, drums

Selections:
1. My Reverie
2. Paul's Pal
3. The Most Beautiful Girl In The World
4. When Your Love Has Gone
5. Tenor Madness

Asking Rs.1200/-
-------------------------------------------------------------------

JIM HALL / RON CARTER DUO ? Alone Together LP

Milestone Records ? MSP-9045

Tracklist
St. Thomas, Alone Together, Receipt, Please, I'll Remember April
Softly, As In A Morning Sunrise, Whose Blues
Prelude To A Kiss, Autumn Leaves

Bass Ron Carter
Guitar Jim Hall

Recorded live at the "Jazz Adventures" concert at the Playboy Club, New York City, August 4, 1972
Asking Rs.1500
---------------------------------------------------------------------

1985 THE MANHATTAN TRANSFER - VOCALESE LP
Atlantic - 81266-1

Many of the Manhattan Transfer's recordings up to the point of Vocalese showed off their diversity and covered a wide variety of music, including jazz. This set was quite a bit different, for it is dedicated to the vocalese of the great Jon Hendricks. the Manhattan Transfer (singers Cheryl Bentyne, Tim Hauser, Alan Paul and Janis Siegel) perform a dozen songs using Hendricks' lyrics, including "That's Killer Joe," "Rambo," "Ray's Rockhouse" and "Sing Joy Spring." Utilizing their regular band of the period (which includes guitarist Wayne Johnson), the Count Basie Orchestra (directed at the time by Thad Jones), the Four Freshmen (on "To You"), tenorman James Moody, Bobby McFerrin (guesting on "Night in Tunisia"), McCoy Tyner, Dizzy Gillespie (on "Sing Joy Spring"), altoist Richie Cole, and Hendricks himself, among many others, the Transfer give these boppish tunes definitive vocal treatments. This is one of their finest jazz recordings and a classic of its kind.

Asking Rs.1000/-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

THE BILL EVANS TRIO - Waltz For Debby LP
Recorded June 25, 1961 in New York

This is the second of two Riverside albums made up of selections recorded by the classic Bill Evans/Scott LaFaro/Paul Motian trio at their legendary live recording session of June 25, 1961. Although originally issued a half-year later than Sunday at the Village Vanguard, this was by no means an afterthought collection of lesser items: Evans and producer Orrin Keepnews had immediately recognized that there was more than enough material for two top-level records. The dozen chosen performances were subdivided to enable the first album released to feature LaFarowho had died in an auto accident just ten days after recording. Thus, this second collection can fairly be said to present a more typical overview of this remarkable unit at work

OJC 210, RLP 9399 STEREO

Musicians:
Bill Evans, piano, Scott LaFaro, bass, Paul Motian, drums

Selections:
1. My Foolish Heart, 2. Waltz for Debby , 3. Detour Ahead
4. My Romance, 5. Some Other Time, 6. Milestones

Asking Rs.2000/-
--------------------------------------------------------------------

SPONSORED ADS
Last edited:

SPONSORED ADS

tanaka

Hi, Illinois Jacquet, The Manhattan Transfer and Bill Evans reserved for gentleman in Kerala. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPONSORED ADS