Morel Components for Skoda Rapid ++

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhagwan

Hello !

I am getting some ICE for my Skoda Rapid.

The Installation work is in the pipe line.
It should be completed by this Saturday - 5th i.e.

What I have chosen is as under :-

DEH-80PRS - CD Receiver with 3-Way Active Crossover Network, Auto EQ, and Auto Time Alignment | Pioneer Electronics USA
This is the HU

ELATE 2-way / 3-way ? Morel
Morel Elate 602 [2 way component speaker]

ULTIMO Subwoofer ? Morel
This is the Sub for the Boot - left corner of the boot - FRP Enclosure.

3 Amplifiers are being used - Audiobahn [sub] + 2 from Magnat [left & right component]
There is also 1 Capacitor from Audiobahn that is being installed.

Lots of Damping / Absorption is being done - front doors & boot.
What I have used is :-
BAM acoustic insulation kit XL

All this is WIP & will be done by this weekend - hopefully.
Saturday I expect the audio part to be finished.

However, the car can only be used after 10 more days. My Seats are being made & that will take 10 to 12 more days - at least.
All this work has started from the 15th of September, 2013.
I hope to get the car in my hand by 15th October, 2013

I shall post pictures - soon...

Thanks for looking;
:)

skoda is getting a lot of goodies...

Thank You Sir;
Yes, the gear seems to be good.
I hope it plays well....
I was never a Morel lover;
However, the Illusion [what I think was really nice for car audio] has closed down.
The Dynaudio's I had in my Polo 1.6 - that link & details are here :-
VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio ! - Page 5 - Team-BHP
That car got sold - the only regret was the sale of those amps - Steg - one of the best Car Audio Amps I had ever used....I miss them;;; really sad...

Thank You Sir;
I hope it plays well....
However, the Illusion [what I think was really nice for car audio] has closed down.
That car got sold - the only regret was the sale of those amps - Steg - one of the best Car Audio Amps I had ever used....I miss them;;; really sad...

thats a tastefully done car... the seats and the HU takes the cake...

and yes those AMPS are good..

so whats the seat theme this time ??? :):)

thats a tastefully done car... the seats and the HU takes the cake...

and yes those AMPS are good..

so whats the seat theme this time ??? :):)

Thank You Sir,
Compliments i.e.

This time around the entire cars seats will be done. Front & Back.
Front Seats will be like the Polo kind - close in shape.
The colour is 'Capichino' [like the BMW Shade]
I will post pics - soon.
My trials [fitting] will start on Monday.
That Seat person [Javed] is super slow - takes 15 + days to do the work.
Some times it takes 1 month too.... I have to tolerate this cause he is 'brilliant' & no one else can give to me this fit & finish - so I grumble & then live with it - when I see the finished product - my heart melts - this man is 'gifted' :licklips:

The Alloys & Tryes on this car have been 'watered' down.
Shall post those pics too. Later...

Thank You Sir;
I hope it plays well....

@Bhagwan,

given what i've read about your musical preferences, I am surprised you chose Morel. Morel is "musical" and "forgiving" which is also i guess shorthand for not accurate. your choices in Home hi-fi would suggest that non accuracy is anathema. :)

I had a lower -midrange morel install for sometime (much lower than the elate series) and i pulled it out really soon.. it is now going to be ""n wall" speakers for my son's room.

I was wondering what other options you considered for speakers.

BTW nice choice of HU, but unless you listen a lot to Fm radio; (in my very limited and humble opinion) the future is an android tablet + DAC.

probably for a car... one woudn't want a accurate but fun speakers...

we cannot be clinical all time and be worried bout the equipments.. rather than just gas the floor and enjoy the music....

and morel ultimo are pretty well known.. got pretty good low end...

freq response : Frequency response 10-900 Hz ( thats darn good specs )..

what say ??

probably for a car... one woudn't want a accurate but fun speakers...

we cannot be clinical all time and be worried bout the equipments.. rather than just gas the floor and enjoy the music....

and morel ultimo are pretty well known.. got pretty good low end...

freq response : Frequency response 10-900 Hz ( thats darn good specs )..

what say ??

I've never heard the ultimo so I cannot comment.

Coincidentially there is a Morel sale on parts-express. and the Morel specs there suggest 20hz - 1khz ( i guess that is with room or car gain). you need a really big box to get 25hz flat in a vented alignment; in sealed -- forget it. of course car gain will allow you to hear it much lower - in car.. but that is true for all subs. the specs are nothing hot; so I guess it redeems itself by being very clean in the passband.

for me.. i'd suggest Seas L26ROY or the Peerless xxls 12" as good clean subs. - those I have heard (and owned)

@Bhagwan,

given what i've read about your musical preferences, I am surprised you chose Morel. Morel is "musical" and "forgiving" which is also i guess shorthand for not accurate. your choices in Home hi-fi would suggest that non accuracy is anathema. :)

I had a lower -midrange morel install for sometime (much lower than the elate series) and i pulled it out really soon.. it is now going to be ""n wall" speakers for my son's room.

I was wondering what other options you considered for speakers.

BTW nice choice of HU, but unless you listen a lot to Fm radio; (in my very limited and humble opinion) the future is an android tablet + DAC.

Sir,

In my car I listen to Fevicol / Hukka & Goa Psy music.
I do not do any serious listening in my car.

Car is for fun while travelling...

On the option front, I had considered Focal & Rainbow.
Then I chose - settled for Morel.
Always wanted to try it out;;

We have done the tweeter modules very differently this time around - when it is completed & installed, I will know what the final result is. I am trying some 'non conventional' set up - this time around.

p.s. I just do not like 'piercing' sound in my car & I hope that this Morel with Magnat Amps does sound 'sober' & not in my face...

fingers crossed.

p.s.s. Car Audio is never about specs - it is 100 % about installation.
That is the key. What you use is 40 % important.
How you use it 60 % important.

My Car's Damping has cost me too much money this time around - I hope the job is done well & the result is satisfactory.
All looks very good indeed - the issue is how does it sound.

I have heard the set-up in bhagwan's erstwhile polo & another vehicle used by his wife. IIRC, both had a similar approach to the 'sound' that he was looking for.

I think all FM's here have to realise that bhagwan also likes to listen to music in other ways, after all he is also a mortal like us, his 'handle' notwithstanding ;)

I have heard the set-up in bhagwan's erstwhile polo & another vehicle used by his wife. IIRC, both had a similar approach to the 'sound' that he was looking for.

I think all FM's here have to realise that bhagwan also likes to listen to music in other ways, after all he is also a mortal like us, his 'handle' notwithstanding ;)

@denom, au contraire.. i think he lives up to his handle by putting such premium components (beyond most people's high end car systems) for completely non serious listening.

@bhagwan - of course it's not about specs and all about install, i was referring to the other poster who had put in specs. however beyond a point even with the best install if your components don't match your taste, it is like "polishing a ****."

I saw the other link you had posted.. and if that attention to detail is followed I am sure that you will have a winner.

all i was trying to understand was the decision path that got to the the morels; but all in all I salute your dedication to music to put such high end components for such non serious listening.

Ps - my experience of the lower end of morels is that the sound is pretty polite.

PPS - did you check out HAT?

Last edited:
@ kapvin - I have no particular reason for choosing Morel.
I had never installed it & wanted to know what they would play like - so I gave it a shot.
I do not do any 'serious' listening in a car, but I need good quality sound in a car too & most important it should play from the front & not from the back.
The Bass too should play from out side my wind shield - therefore his HU was needed - for the time alignment feature.
Besides, I am installing the tweeters in a very 'funny' manner & hence will need some correction to be done & therefore a 'serious' HU was required.
I do not listen to much radio - they talk too much on it;:rolleyes:

Partial Install is complete.
The A Pillar Pods got delivered today.
They were put in.
Some Pics are Attached :-
Uploaded with ImageShack.com

The Start Up & 'Tune' is O/S
This will happen after the seats are installed.
:licklips:

Pod looks seriously good. Have you seen magma's custom tweeter pod? He has done a clever and beautiful one.

Also, looks like the woofer isn't occupying "much" space in the boot. Which is good as one does need the boot.

Pod looks seriously good.

Have you seen magma's custom tweeter pod ? He has done a clever and beautiful one.

Also, looks like the woofer isn't occupying "much" space in the boot. Which is good as one does need the boot.

Thanks;
Shafiq is a 'gifted' installer - follows instructions very well.

Where can I see Magma's Pods ?
Any link would be appreciated..

Yes, the Bass Enclosure too is 'slick'
Just hope we got the volume OK [approximately] i.e.

Will know how it sounds - soon.
Pen drive is ready with 4GB of music - different genere's.....:eek:

those are like amazing seats..

Thank You Sir;
They are W.I.P.
Should be finished by this week end.
I will get my Car by Saturday - so I have been promissed.
Been 3 weeks now.
I am tired of waiting.

Just imagine the car has come to me 1 + month back, I have not driven it as yet...
All this work has been going on & the car I just parked...
Fully harrowed.

Will post finished pics - soon
Monday I hope - fingers are crossed..

Status
Not open for further replies.
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back