Mounting for KEF Q300

pjashish

Dear all

I am faced with a vexing problem, which I hope the gurus on the forum would be able to help me with. Owing to lack of space and an active 2 year I am compelled to wall mount my Q300s. Was wondering what would be the best way to go about doing this? are there any specific mounting solutions which are particularly recommended for this job. Any leads/advice on where such a mount can be procured locally in Delhi is also solicited and would be hugely appreciated.

You are right... the speakers ship with wall mounting brackets..but I am extremely worried about their load bearing capacity and was therefore exploring the option of third party mounts...do you think I can mount them on the brackets with anchor bolts secured on the wall?

Mount the speakers on the wall using the wall mounting brackets

As a backup -- add a support bracket underneath the speaker- This could be a simple 1 inch deep by 6 inch wide by 1 inch high sheet of plywood. Attach this support bracket to the wall with (Qty 2) 3 inch screws

In essence- the speaker is held in place by the wall mounting bracket and the bottom of the speaker is resting on the support bracket.

Why do you doubt the brackets ability to support the speaker when the manufacturer has designed it !!
The only care you should be taking is to ensure that the bracket is properly anchored on the wall.
In my experience it is very difficult / may be impossible to install an additional bracket at the bottom and expect the weight to be shared by both barckets.

The only reason I doubt the provided brackets it's because it seems extremely flimsy to support a 8 kg speaker.....@thtpro thanks a ton for your suggestions. Do you think it would be advisable to substitute ply with glass

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

Glass is definitely an option- If you can some how mount the glass to the wall and it is thick enough that it provides an area on which the speaker is resting on

Any pointers on what can I use to secure the speaker mounting brackets on the wall with?

I have not seen the mounting speaker bracket- but I would use a minimum of three 3 inch screws

Drill (qty 3) 1/2 inch wide by 3 inches deep- hole into the cement wall- to match the mounting pattern of the bracket

Insert a wooden dowel into the hole- repeat for the remaining 2 screw locations

Attach the bracket to the hole using wooden screws--

Thanks a ton....shall post a pix of the mounting in the evening so that you yet a better idea

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back