Movie sound from Yamaha v473

sash

Hi,
I have Yamaha v473 and my speakers are Magnat supreme 1000.
When i play movies, even blu-rays, the sound is somewhat subdued. I can't explain really but it is dull. I play around -8 or so, i haven't tried to go higher than -5. My bluray player is LG bd670.
Anything that i should watch out for?
I have not done YPAO or any custom equalizer settings. I just use standard movie mode.
What do you guys think?
What volume do you watch movies in? Any suggestions?

Highest volume I have gone to is -15 (TV,DVDP,USB or FM). More than that and we shall be kicked out of this place!

Pls.check the settings.
Try to play it in straight mode.
Set the speaker distance correctly.
Lastly sometimes room acoustic can be an issue.

Pls.check the settings.
Try to play it in straight mode.
Set the speaker distance correctly.
Lastly sometimes room acoustic can be an issue.
The thing is audio CDs play beautifully. The sound is powerful even at -18. The problem is with movies (blu-ray discs) only.
I did some googling and find that maybe i'm messing up on who decodes the dts-hd. Most people say it is best to let the blu-ray player do the decoding and receiver just amplifying. I'll try some setting changes tonight. I have bought new blu-ray discs of Skyfall and MI-Ghost protocol. I'll try them tonight.

Don't know yr connections but I have connected only video out of the player to the TV.Audio goes direct to the AVR through a Co-ax. There is no problem with the sound.

For music via audio cd, the max i have gone to is -25 and for movies -15.
check speaker configuration and speaker levels.
Also play it on 5ch stereo and Plain dolby pro logic.

Ok it seems to have been resolved now.
I ran YPAO and then adjusted some settings manually (subwoofer distance and volume were messed up).
It is good now.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back