Mr. Bimal Ved

Status
Not open for further replies.

rikhav

As the title suggest this thread regarding forum member Mr. Bimal Ved

Unfortunately its not about some audition I had at his place. Its about how I have been a victim because I trusted him

I tried my best not to open this thread and wash dirty linen in public but I am left with no option by Mr. Ved because he has been delaying the matter for weeks and weeks now

About 4 months back I contacted Mr. Ved because I was interested in an AVR which he had put for sale. I was buying this on behalf of my friend. A price was agreed upon and Mr. Ved said I should visit him, take a demo and then pay him.

Before agreeing upon the sale following is the info Mr. ved gave me about the AVR

1) He is the first owner
2) AVR is never opened
3) No outer box available

For next few weeks when ever I called when the mutually confirmed date came near to demo the amp, he would say he is out of town or busy in work. This happened a few times and as promised I never got a call back from him which he said he would when he is free in the weekend

Still keeping my word to buy the amp, I called him once again after a month. This time it was agreed to meet on a sunday but as I was busy I could not demo the amp and instead told him to meet near his house and took the amp after paying him.

Played the amp for about 30 mins in stereo mode and everything seemed fine. So packed the amp in a corrugated box with lots of foam and then in a wooden crate and send it my friend.

My friend received it in next 2 days. He connected the amp, played for few hours and noticed that the display is getting dimmer. It was unreadable at the brightest settings. Switched off the amp and switched it on the next day. Again for about 30 mins display would be readable and then would get dim.

He immediately called me up and told me about the display. I also missed it because I too played the amp for about 20 mins and never bothered to check at what setting the display is

Without suspecting anything, I called Mr. ved, explained him the problem and asked him if he had faced any such problem before. His replay was a NO and he immediately told me that he is going to Singapore next week and will get a new display for the amp. I was happy at that time and told this to my friend

Then the wait started. Then for next one and a half months my every call, sms did not get any reply. My friend was getting really impatient but I somehow made him to wait for a days and then take it to the Yamaha service centre. In the meantime even HDMI started giving issues.

Since I was getting no reply from Mr. Ved, I told my friend to go ahead and take the amp to the service centre and get an estimate for the repair job

And then the horror story started. When the amp was opened there, it was found that the amp had been opened and the display soldered. That means it was repaired before and Mr. Ved lied to me that it has never been repaired

I immediately smsed Mr. Ved, explained him the situation and asked a refund for the amp. His reply was that such things do happen and he has also received items having issues which he bought on the forum. Also he still claims he has never opened the amp

Now my question to all forum members is that if he claims he is the first owner and I find the amp repaired then its obvious it has been repaired by him or he is not the first owner as claimed by him

Secondly, is it so easy to get a spare part of any amp, without any part number in Singapore?

Now since the time I smsed him for refund he says he is going to give me the display for free which he purchased for Rs. 1500/-

Its almost three weeks now but I get the same answer that he has just shifted home and he has to unpack boxes and he is not sure in which box has he kept

If he had actually bought the display for me, he had to just call me after he reached india and tell me to get it collected ASAP as he is going to shift his house, which he never did

I am really pissed because my trust was broken and my stupidity that I trusted someone even when I did not knew him so well. This was perhaps because whoever I know from the forum are extremly trustworthy people and few are good friends now

So guys, please be careful before buying anything from FM's you don't know well. Don't trust anyone blindly

I guess, a RATING system for sellers and buyers is very much needed on hifivision.

Thanks for reading

I remember sending a Musical Fidelity CD player to him and my dealing was perfectly fine with him. He deposited the amount on time.

I had explained to him before-hand that the front panel buttons may not work but the remote control worked fine. He understood that and agreed for the deal. I have not bought anything from him. However he seemed quite a gentleman by his emails.

Find out from him if that AVR was a refurbished one. Which company's AVR is it? Do you have a service center near you? Is there a date/serial number on AVR? (This can sometimes help in availing warranty even if there is no bill.)

Hi doc

I don't know if it is a refurbished one or not. If it is, it was the duty of the seller to tell me about it. Also the AVR is not under waranty. It's a Yamaha AVR

Rikhav ,
You told me after a month that there is problem with avr display , and since its electronics there is no and warranty on it , everything sells here are on good notes , and no one is cheating , even i have bought so many thing s here , but some of them have given me trouble.. and trust me i am talking abt expensive stuff..
i dont make a noise about it , its just electronics and it can go wrong any time ..

I still got a display for you when i was in singapore and didnt ask any money from u . but didnt manage time to look for it as i told u many times as shifted my house ..

Hope people here are mature enough to understand the situations and circumstance rather then making noise and complaining ..

Rikhav ,
You told me after a month that there is problem with avr display , and since its electronics there is no and warranty on it , everything sells here are on good notes , and no one is cheating , even i have bought so many thing s here , but some of them have given me trouble.. and trust me i am talking abt expensive stuff..
i dont make a noise about it , its just electronics and it can go wrong any time ..

I still got a display for you when i was in singapore and didnt ask any money from u . but didnt manage time to look for it as i told u many times as shifted my house ..

Hope people here are mature enough to understand the situations and circumstance rather then making noise and complaining ..

If you are that much trustworthy and genuine person why don't you give the display on firsthand on returning? Electronics are prone to damages thats why warranties are there.Sold a faulty one and you want praises instead of complaints.Be trustful and faithful ,dont sell faulty ones else sell those with facts to customers.

Hi bimal
Not a month but it was after twelve to fourteen days I called you up one evening telling you that there is a problem with the display. Twelve to fourteen because it took me two days to make the wooden crate and then another two days to courier it. It reached my friend after another five days. He tried the amp the next day after he got, found the issue , informed me and I informed you

Forget all this, if you are first owner and you claim amp has never been opened, then why the display is resoldered?

In between all this so many msgs and calls to you yielded no reply. So this is no complaining. My patience was over listening weeks and weeks that you have to find the display

I know I am not getting my money back neither I want display from you. I just told what I had to

@subbubusk , firstly I had got display by just as gesture an goodwill and I didn't ask any money for it ..as I promised rikhav ...if something goes faulty after ten days or ten years it's not my problem ..
And mind well warranties are for new electronics not used once...

@rikhav , if u want u can call bck the amp and I will get repaired for u at my cost and as I told I also have ur display give me some time to locate n my house ....

@subbubusk , firstly I had got display by just as gesture an goodwill and I didn't ask any money for it ..as I promised rikhav ...if something goes faulty after ten days or ten years it's not my problem ..
And mind well warranties are for new electronics not used once...

@rikhav , if u want u can call bck the amp and I will get repaired for u at my cost and as I told I also have ur display give me some time to locate n my house ....

I also agree that it should not be your problem if the electronics goes fault in 10 days or 10 years. But ,here its a matter of trust. I trusted you when you said, that that amp is never opened or repaired. I still don't get why the display is resoldered if its true that amp is never repaired by you and you are the first owner

If you had got the display for me, all you had to do is inform me when you came back to india and I would have got it collected. I don't understand why you needed to pack it and keep it somewhere

You still have the address of my friend. You can courier the display to him. I will leave the decision to send the amp to you for repairs on my friend. Will pass your number to him and if needed he will contact you

My friend just informed that he spoke to bimal and he has asked for some more time to locate the display

I hope the matter is resolved ambically and soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back