Mumbai Postal Service Customs office

mitware

My friend has mailed me a cell phone from USA via USPS Express Mail. When I track the item, it says that the item is awaiting customs clearance. I have called several phone numbers and sent several emails to 'Customs Mumbai' and 'Postal Appraising Section' but not getting any information.

Any idea how I can get my phone from them. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

You need to give more information
What was the cost of the item?
Was a bill/ invoice included in the box?
When it reached customs?

Most likely you will have to make a visit to their office inside domestic airport to (plead and) release it.

The cost of Phone was around 200 USD. NO Bill/Invoice was included. It reached India - Customs on Aug 1st 2013.

Did you mean International Airport @ Sahar or Domestic Airport @ Santacruz?

Hi,
look for the phone number of foreign post office in mumbai. Call them up and provide your tracking number and they will tell you exactly what you need to do.
Thanks.

I contacted Mumbai customs at [email protected] who said that they don't have any information about it and asked me to contact Postal Appraising Section on their mail id [email protected].

I then contacted Postal Appraising Section - [email protected] who said that the parcel is with APSO, Mumbai Customs and asked me to contact them at [email protected]. I contacted APSO, Mumbai Customs but have not received any reply yet.

Hi,

I need some help, if anyone here can advice me thank you.. I bought dresses online from India. I have already paid for them 2 weeks ago, last week I have receive a tracking number which has still not updated... I am very anxious, I do not have any idea where is the parcel and I am not assured if I will receive it or not.. I must have got the dresses already but it has not arrived yet nor i can trace it..

Hi,

I need some help, if anyone here can advice me thank you.. I bought dresses online from India. I have already paid for them 2 weeks ago, last week I have receive a tracking number which has still not updated... I am very anxious, I do not have any idea where is the parcel and I am not assured if I will receive it or not.. I must have got the dresses already but it has not arrived yet nor i can trace it..

Which online portal did you buy it from? What was the mode of transaction? (CC, paypal...) Through which courier was it sent? Give more details...

I contacted Mumbai customs at [email protected] who said that they don't have any information about it and asked me to contact Postal Appraising Section on their mail id [email protected].

I then contacted Postal Appraising Section - [email protected] who said that the parcel is with APSO, Mumbai Customs and asked me to contact them at [email protected]. I contacted APSO, Mumbai Customs but have not received any reply yet.

Hi,
2/3 months ago I had faced similar problem, actually they rarely update the status, my item got stuck at Kolkata delivery office but the status was showing that it was with Mumbai customs waiting for clearances. I had to wait almost 3 weeks before it finally arrived. Item was some audio cables. One day I received a call from Local Post office about customs duties, then they collect the amount during delivery. I will advise you to keep patience. I had called several numbers that time, was able to get some information also. Here is the link and number for EMS International - India Post | Premium Products | Speed Post Look towards bottom of the page. For Mumbai, call - 022 2615 6125 / 022 2615 6093. You can make formal complaint also. Link - Web Based Customer Grievance Handling System - Complaints Entry

Regards

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back