Mumbai Rains

vinay

At this point of time there is massive rains in Mumbai with thunder showers let us hope that this season rains do not create a major havoc.

There is now considerable traffic chaos and local trains are running out of schedule. In my case i am lucky on this front as i work from home.

V.

though i do get inconvinienced by the rains since my work has my travelling from factory to markets i love the rain and always do pray for more as long as there is no damage to people or property

yeah its been raining here in full form today

can only imagine rains in the metros :sad:.even here in kerala,the rain is just belting down!!!!quite sad,to see how drastically our climate has changed over the years.on the one hand u have people just praying for some respite from the heat(farmers,et al),no fresh water,suicides on account of no crop.the moment the rains start,..havoc by way of flash floods causing loss of life,improper drainage systems spreading disease,landslides and uprootal of the very trees that are vital to the stability of our top soil :eek:.i for one cant even begin to start to think as to where our planet is headed.shame really,the delicate balance between progress and nature has surely been tilted.

Wish it rained at the right places without any damages. I however like the rains.
You are 100% right - when will we realise the importance of rain water harvesting and conservation. We should do something for the same rather than wait for others on this aspect.

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red
Cryin's not for me
'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'
Because I'm free
Nothin's worryin' me

can only imagine rains in the metros :sad:.even here in kerala,the rain is just belting down!!!!quite sad,to see how drastically our climate has changed over the years.on the one hand u have people just praying for some respite from the heat(farmers,et al),no fresh water,suicides on account of no crop.the moment the rains start,..havoc by way of flash floods causing loss of life,improper drainage systems spreading disease,landslides and uprootal of the very trees that are vital to the stability of our top soil :eek:.i for one cant even begin to start to think as to where our planet is headed.shame really,the delicate balance between progress and nature has surely been tilted.

The bitter reality is rallynut, we are all responsible for it. Everytime I switch on my home theater, there is a slight feeling of guilt that I am adding more emissions, but then like typical human being, I go back to thinking "My HT alone will not add much to the emissions". And ofcourse, the nice cars most of us are so used to driving. And the list keeps going on.

On a HIFI note
Please do remember to put some silica gel packets above/below your electronic equipments especially amplification

it helps in absorbing the humidity

At this point of time there is massive rains in Mumbai with thunder showers let us hope that this season rains do not create a major havoc.

There is now considerable traffic chaos and local trains are running out of schedule. In my case i am lucky on this front as i work from home.

V.

Pune rains started as well, creating major havoc in traffic conditions. There is a situation of flash flood right on the main roads. Knee deep water on the main roads as a result of just 1 hour of rain.
I enjoy the rain as long as I am sitting cosily at home, enjoying a cuppa coffee with some 'pakoras'.

The bitter reality is rallynut, we are all responsible for it. Everytime I switch on my home theater, there is a slight feeling of guilt that I am adding more emissions, but then like typical human being, I go back to thinking "My HT alone will not add much to the emissions". And ofcourse, the nice cars most of us are so used to driving. And the list keeps going on.

to our resident elvis :),..how true my friend,how very true.

I too love the rains but am happiest if it rains in the mornings during my 45 minute walk time, i use a wind sh eater and at times if i forget to carry, i do without it, this is great feeling to get fully wet in pleasant climate.

In my car i always keep a big towel so that the seat gets less damaged with i being fully wet.

V.

Last edited:
Well, just to bring another perspective to this thread - I definitely do not like rain! :)

It plays havoc with my Sunday cricket plans. Yeah, a trivial reason but what are we if not trivial when compared to the grander designs around us! So I convince myself.

But seriously the only time I enjoy rain is when I am travelling by train. There is no point in liking rain when you are driving on the roads. Our resources and amenities are so poor that with rain you could even be looking at loss of life. It is that sad and dangerous.

Roads and drains filling up and overflowing and hiding all potholes and other hellholes is no joke.

And Chennai as a city does not cope well with rain. I guess it is no different from other metros in this respect.

If its drizzling,rain is welcomed.After 26July,heavy rain causes fear in Mumbaikar's mind.

As I have mentioned many times before, if there are heavy thunderstorms, please do disconnect all AV equipoment.

Cheers

I too love the rains but am happiest if it rains in the mornings during my 45 minute walk time, i use a wind sh eater and at times if i forget to carry, i do without it, this is great feeling to get fully wet in pleasant climate.

In my car i always keep a big towel so that the seat gets less damaged with i being fully wet.

V.

For me its the opposite as rain makes it difficult for morning walks with puddles and slippery path. Sports shoes get wet and stinks.

This time I will try my Crocs. In my 1 hour walk I cover about 7 kms.

Better to drench in the rain than perspire in the sweltering heat !!

Even I agree that travelling by train, and even by bus feels great in the rains, with all the greenery around.

Treks are fun in the rain..you don't perspire much, you don't feel thirsty..

Guys stay safe. Especially Mumbai people. And protect your equipments from getting damaged. As Venkat said disconnect them.

I migrated to Bombay (and i still prefer to call it that, it has a touch of romance) on June 14th 1996. It had already started raining that year. I bought an umbrella, joined work, and promplty forgot it at office. A total usage of 30 minutes.

Since then, i have never carried an umbrella as a habit in Bombay, save a few times when i had to stay dry.

I have got damp, wet, drenched and havent given up the resolve not to use an umbrella. I savor the getting wet part of it. So one hand for more and more rains. More rains can never hurt, it is less that hurts. The human loss fro drought is far in excess of that from floods. But floods capture media attention since it happens in fast motion.

On a tangent, a few years back i travelled through Konkan Railway to Goa in August. The most exilarating day that i have had in my life. This year, i am planning to hitch in the ro-ro truck train from Kolad. Any hi-fiers interested can join. It will be a rough, but immensely gratifying trip.

Regards

I migrated to Bombay (and i still prefer to call it that, it has a touch of romance) on June 14th 1996. It had already started raining that year. I bought an umbrella, joined work, and promplty forgot it at office. A total usage of 30 minutes.

Since then, i have never carried an umbrella as a habit in Bombay, save a few times when i had to stay dry.

I have got damp, wet, drenched and havent given up the resolve not to use an umbrella. I savor the getting wet part of it. So one hand for more and more rains. More rains can never hurt, it is less that hurts. The human loss fro drought is far in excess of that from floods. But floods capture media attention since it happens in fast motion.

On a tangent, a few years back i travelled through Konkan Railway to Goa in August. The most exilarating day that i have had in my life. This year, i am planning to hitch in the ro-ro truck train from Kolad. Any hi-fiers interested can join. It will be a rough, but immensely gratifying trip.

Regards

This is interesting. What is a ro-ro truck train? We could meet up some place as i come up from Bangalore :)

Regards

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back