Mumbai: Where can i buy quality pots?

sdk

I picked up a vintage Rogers amp recently. After cleaning all the pots with a contact cleaner and using it for a few days, the amp has settled down and is playing very sweetly.

The control pots though seem to make contact only at a few spots where the sound is very good. Moving it away from there spots and the sound quality takes a sharp dip.

I want to replace all the pots with good quality equivalents. My local technician tells me that he can procure only nullah ones from the market.

Do any FM know of anyone in Lamington Road who can supply me with the following pots?

Dual Carbon
100k LOG
250k LIN
100k LIN
50K LIN

Attachments

• Kopie van rogersnieuw1.jpg
    Kopie van rogersnieuw1.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 141
Hi

You will need to go shop by shop near the flyover (near the Grant Road station) and hunt for what you want.

Check with CK Electronics or Champion Rubber....all the best

I have used pots from LR and still using them in my DCB1 preamp which has a philips original 22K LOG for Rs.55/- since past one year. Till date no issues like cracking, hissing or loose connection.

Hari, I couldn't get the Philips pots from the store near the Masjid. They don't stock them anymore.

Only low value (ohms) cheap quality linear pots seem to available at LR now. Online is the best bet for what the OP requires. Please note that vendors abroad refer to LOG as Audio pots.

Regards,

Hari, I couldn't get the Philips pots from the store near the Masjid. They don't stock them anymore.

If you know the shop 'Tejus' who keeps Resistors / Capacitors, continue on the same road till the end where the 'Temple' is located. There is one barely visible shop on the end of the line to the opp of 'Tejus'. Ask for the philips pots there and you should get it. They are original in metal case. You can get 'Ganged' too if you are lucky.:)

Please note that vendors abroad refer to LOG as Audio pots.

Regards,

Typically volume control uses 'LOG' pots (logrthamic) as our ears responds well to lograthamic increase in volume levels. Linear pots will increase the volume quickly even at 9 o'clock levels but a LOG pot will slowly increase the volume and you get much better range with the pot.

Bass and Treble uses 'LIN' (linear) pots as these require anyway a linear increase in levels.

Thanks, Hari. I know Tejas on Tara Temple Lane. Will seek out the shop selling the pot on next trip to Lamington.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back