Music over WiFi

Greetings,
I have been listening/ streaming to online music (mostly soundcloud) onto my BOSE SoundLink or Denon 1100 AVR since last 2 odd years. For all this, I connect my speaker/ AVR to my cellphone using Bluetooth COnnectivity.

However, I can see that the connectivity/ speed of Bluetooth is not that great. Plus, it has limitations that the devices should be placed at a fairly small distance between each other in order to have a good reception.

I think that there are some other ways to play online music as well (via WiFi). Can someone suggest anything on this, what apps are most popular over WiFi ??

It will also be beneficial for me in future (whenever I will be setting up Zone2 over my AVR - to setup speakers in some other room).....so that I can stay in the other room & have control over the music from that room only, rather than going back to the room where AVR is physically placed.

I may sound novice in some of the terms that I may have used, but I can elaborate it further if someone wants to give me a solution.
Thanks in advance.

Hi

IMHO the wifi and bluetooth features do have limitations....remember there are so many radio signals being broadcasted around us and hence to segregate a single dedicated source gets complex.....hence if you refer to google, you will find tons of issues faced by those who try to stream wirelessly......

The AVR market is tough competition and everyone wants to make a fair amount of money....so new features are added to AVRs to make them sell..

Wireless or Bluetooth is limited to a short distance and if trying to stream from a large distance, you may need to add hubs or bridges to ensure proper flow of signals....

This is something which i could quickly find over google....perhaps you can research further..

What is bridge mode and how do I set it up on my Nighthawk router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

I would suggest if the AVR has a RJ 45 or CAT 5 slot, put in the internet line if you want to stream good stuff from the net....

Chromecast Audio (https://store.google.com/product/chromecast_audio) will solve all your problems.

Contrary to public opinion wireless is extremely stable and also improves SQ. And you can stream FLAC, WAV, and even high res music without any issues.

I've been using Sonos for nearly 2 years and CCA since October of last year without any issues. Some of the best, sweetest music ever in fact.

Chromecast Audio (https://store.google.com/product/chromecast_audio) will solve all your problems.

Contrary to public opinion wireless is extremely stable and also improves SQ. And you can stream FLAC, WAV, and even high res music without any issues.

I've been using Sonos for nearly 2 years and CCA since October of last year without any issues. Some of the best, sweetest music ever in fact.

+1 to that, plus the Chromecast has an optical out in case you have a AVR or IA or DAC which has an optical input, that way you bypass both the phone/tab and the chromcast's DAC and hence better quality. Also Chromecast lets you stream even from your pc, via Crome browser pluggin. Plus there is a lot of dev support as it is a google product. I can go on, let me know if you want to know more in detail stuff.

What is the best option to buy Chromecast Audio in India ?

None actually. Have someone carry it over from the US or wait for Google to open doors locally.

I saw it being sold on Ebay for 5K and more. Totally overpriced.

I love the device and its used a lot by my entire family. Even my parents use it for internet radio and it has since become the new Worldspace, especially for my father.

But selling a $35 device for 5K and 6K is a rip off.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back