Music Servers, Streamer & computer Audio.

SKR

I saw the post of bornfi recommending use of Optic fibre in case you were using LAN inputs for streaming as it is the case with all musical servers and streamers now including computers used for source. He recommended a few hardware for this basically a TP Link media converter switch, a pair of SFP module and a dual optical cable.
I was in the process of buying Sonore Optical Rendu which uses optical cable as input instead of Lan cable, when I came across his post in Hifivision. He posted even links of these parts.
bornfi recommended parts costed appx $200 to me.
But I must say anyone using digital audio today owe it to himself to try this small investment.
This will not only improve your system but it will take you a notch or two above your existing system.
I am extremely excited with the results that I thought of sharing my views for the benefits of other who are thinking of upgrading their system or improving the existing system.
More details can be had from bornfi posting In hifivision . I am reproducing his first post below.

Quoting bornfi :
Subject i basically to ensure that this thread pops up in case somebody is researching in this direction.

This message is for those who use Ethernet cable in their audio or HT setup. Here is something I found somewhere and tried myself and convinced that it takes the performance to next level.

What I did that I isolated my system by connecting the entry point of my system to Ethernet socket on wall by fiber optic. The entry point of my system is an Ethernet switch which has two SFP ports. I bought a media converter (https://www.newegg.com/p/0XP-001U-0...eamr42-N5lOkhBapMChoCPJwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds) that converts Ethernet to fiber. And that is it, both audio and video are clean.

If your entry point is not a switch, you will have to buy two of the media converter I mentioned above. You will also need a pair of SFP modules (something like this https://www.fs.com/products/12622.html) and make sure you buy them in pair because both source and target must exactly be same.

As for fiber cable, in the spec of SFP module you will find if that works with Single Mode or Multi-Mode fiber and buy accordingly.

In fact, I would even encourage the ones relying on wifi to switch to physical connection, if possible.

Review of Sonora Optical Rendu which uses a Optical cable input instead of standard Lan input.

Help needed for playing HQ Player music software.
I purchased HQ player about five years back by downloading on my Mac mini computer and played the music using this software.
But 3 years back I purchased Roon Nucleus with Roon software and SOTM streamer. So I started playing music via these equipment controlling music library and streaming Tidal music from my phone or iPad and never felt need of using HQ Player software or Mac mini.
My SOTM software Eunhasu shows it can play HQ Player software too.
Can any member help me out in using this software HQ Player on my SOTM streamer. HQ Player is a fantastic software and you can upsample to highest level and many more feature.
Any help will be appreciated

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back