• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted Music streamer or network DAC

Marantz offers at HiFiMART.com

Vijay_s

Sold my SQB touch to forum member and now out in market for a streamer.

Due to the habit of not keeping items more than year, thought of first searching used streamer rather than directly venturing out for new stuff.

Requirement : Any streamers/ network player worth upgrading from squeezebox touch.
Better built-in DAC
Streamer that provide usable android & iPhone app.

Budget: < 40k

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

Anurag

Have the Denon DNP 720AE Network player for sale for 15k, abt 8 months old in warranty (1yr). its 30k new.

I had the squeezebox touch before this, comparatively it sounds more clean and fluid with bigger soundstage/ more bass

android app is there, also 3rd party android apps are there, iPhone app should be there too...

soulforged

What was your reason for selling the SB Touch? You could have added a good DAC to it. The big advantage I see in SB Touch or Duet is to be able to browse and select songs from the device (or remote in the case of duet) itself. Most of the other players need to be connected to a display or used via ios/android app.

BTW, the Marantz streamer's prices have drastically dropped...worth considering. Also saw Olive 2/4HD on sale from Olive on Audiogon.

Vijay_s

What was your reason for selling the SB Touch? You could have added a good DAC to it. The big advantage I see in SB Touch or Duet is to be able to browse and select songs from the device (or remote in the case of duet) itself. Most of the other players need to be connected to a display or used via ios/android app.

BTW, the Marantz streamer's prices have drastically dropped...worth considering. Also saw Olive 2/4HD on sale from Olive on Audiogon.
There is no specific reason. One reason is that normally I wont keep "affordable" Hi-fi items more than a year or two. Second reason is upgrade bug....:)

Coming to the Marantz Streamer, it is no longer available in India for reduced price.

Vijay_s

Closing the thread, bought Denon DNP-720AE.

Pioneer sales confirmed they do not sell Elite N-50 in India.
All other options are way too expensive,

anm

congrats. how much did you pay for the denon and how does it sound? did you get to compare its dac with anything else?

Vijay_s

Congrats!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Will wait for your for-sale ad :p:beer:
Thanks, best of luck....

congrats. how much did you pay for the denon and how does it sound? did you get to compare its dac with anything else?
I was looking for something in 30-50K, Unexpectedly got a tempting offer from profx. I didn't even go for an audition, got it delivered at doorstep.

It is an upgrade worth of every penny, As per the initial impression DAC is superior to CA DACMagic

Price - sent a PM

AmitKumar

hi svkndv

Congratulations my friend!

pls pm me the price you paid.

I wanted to check of i can use this network player as a dac and connect it to my bd player where my bd player will work as transport.

Regards, Amit

SPONSORED ADS
SPONSORED ADS