Music System Suggestion for i 10 Magna (2015)

Anindya

Hi Friends,

I would like you to provide me some music system options for my i 10 Magna which doesnt have any audio system. My budget is around 15K.

1) HU (I am thinking of going for a Single Din without Bluetooth HU as the ones with bluetooth are atleast 2.5 K extra as told by the dealer. I might add a bluetooth dongle later. Please suggest any HU within 5.5K bluetooth if you know any.

2) 2 Front Component Speakers (I heard Cerwin-Vega at dealers place at it felt really good. I am not sure of the model but he said its around 7k). Please suggest others within my budget.

3) 2 Rear Co-axial Speakers. Should I go for Door or Tray ones. Please suggest some models. Which one will have better value for money ? Dealer suggested Oval Speakers on the tray.

I don't want to go for Sub-Woofer now. Would like to keep an option for future upgrade I feel like. I like bass but not the Boom Boom Artificial types.
Should I go for Amplifier now or I can add later if I feel power is too less. I wont be playing it very loud.

Thanks
Anindya

Welcome to HifiVision Anindya.

Fitting a HU and two sets of speakers within 15k would be unrealistic IMHO.

Why not get a mid range HU now and a pair of coaxial speakers? You can upgrade to components later and shift the coaxial to the rear door. Try to get a HU with at least two pairs of preouts for future upgrades.

The oval coax possibly have more bass. But, more isn't necessarily better. A four channel amplifier and a sub could be the third stage?

Thanks for your advice Shuv. Could you suggest some mid range HU ? Also, did you mean to go for only 1 set of coaxial speaker at the front and nothing at the back ?

Hi Friends,

I would like you to provide me some music system options for my i 10 Magna which doesnt have any audio system. My budget is around 15K.

1) HU (I am thinking of going for a Single Din without Bluetooth HU as the ones with bluetooth are atleast 2.5 K extra as told by the dealer. I might add a bluetooth dongle later. Please suggest any HU within 5.5K bluetooth if you know any.

2) 2 Front Component Speakers (I heard Cerwin-Vega at dealers place at it felt really good. I am not sure of the model but he said its around 7k). Please suggest others within my budget.

3) 2 Rear Co-axial Speakers. Should I go for Door or Tray ones. Please suggest some models. Which one will have better value for money ? Dealer suggested Oval Speakers on the tray.

I don't want to go for Sub-Woofer now. Would like to keep an option for future upgrade I feel like. I like bass but not the Boom Boom Artificial types.

Should I go for Amplifier now or I can add later if I feel power is too less. I wont be playing it very loud.

Thanks

Anindya

What I learnt from mistakes:
I think as a step 1, keep the stock head unit, and add damping to the doors. Go for Dynamat or something of same thickness if budget permit. (I tried the cheap one from snapdeal and found it to be not doing a good job). Always buy the same brand, same series speakers for all 4 channels.( I have jbl in the rear doors, and Polk in the fronts, which is a screwed up situation as jbl alone sounds good, and Polk alone sounds great!) . All these were installed on an i20 which must have the same head unit as i10. IMO, the speakers on Hyundai are not so responsive to high frequencies much. So -3 treble have almost a decent sound in my case with Polk. However jbl was dull at -3!!. If I were to do it, i would have done a good damping, installed Polk dB 6501, 651 at that budget;) currently i use a xduoo x3 through aux in on stock hu and didnt feel like upgrading to an entry level hu. But if budget is not much a problem, there are lot of good hu's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Friends,

Thanks
Anindya

First ICE is an evil thing. You just cannot have a fixed budget for this. That said, 15k is too low. If you can stretch then great, else I would suggest, Wait. Save some more and then ICE up your car.

A bluetooth HU would be preffered any day over a doggle. A friend was mentioning this HU Pioneer MVH-289BT and it seems to have the basic features in place.

First pick a reputed store in your town and then his stock, as no dealer stocks all models. So its better to fix up on your requirements and a starter budget, and then let him offer you the equipment that he can procure.

Ask for a demo of the HU - Speaker combination from his earlier installs. As for setup, try to keep the car as stock as possible, meaning if the doors have speaker provision, then use those instead of the parcel tray. This is just my opinion.

You can go in for an amp later on when you decide to install a Sub. Go in for a sealed box Sub for tight bass. Those bass tubes are too boomy in my opinion and give a head ache on longish drives. The amp can drive your front speakers and the Sub. Rear speakers can be driven by the HU directly. If not getting a Sub now then you can get the amp to drive the 4 speakers. An amp makes a huge difference, especially if you are getting components.

All the best and keep us posted

MaSh

Got my stereo and speakers fixed yesterday. No Amplifier or woofer yet. Went with following:

1) HU - JVC R 471
2) Cervin Wega Mobile front component speakers - HED 65C
3) Cervin Wega Mobile Rear (6x9) Coaxial speakers - HED 69

Thank you for all the advice.

I might like to go for Sub Woofer and Amplifier later.
No money now :D

Got my stereo and speakers fixed yesterday. No Amplifier or woofer yet. Went with following:

1) HU - JVC R 471
2) Cervin Wega Mobile front component speakers - HED 65C
3) Cervin Wega Mobile Rear (6x9) Coaxial speakers - HED 69

Thank you for all the advice.

I might like to go for Sub Woofer and Amplifier later.
No money now :D
Congratulations. How did you come to decide on these? First impressions and also pictures if possible. Do try to add an amp, if not a sub. That would really bring out the details.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back