My A/V setup through Papercamera

Santy

Hey guys

Posted below are some pics of my living room setup. The equipments seen are in my signature. Most of them (except TV and DVDp) bought in the last 6-7 months. Spent more than Rs. 150k excluding TV (some are used items) and according to my wife it is only around Rs. 70k spent, but she is already mad at me. :eek:hyeah: Yes I DO feel guilty, but all is fair in this hobby. :cool:

Last addition was Carnival silverscreen cable (quite good for its price).
My next upgrade is the integrated amp and ICs. Still waiting for my wallet to become heavy enough to look at 50"+ plasmas.

The rack is custom made for me, based on my own drawings. Cost Rs. 6500 only.

Yes I hear what you are saying, the left FS is too close to the walls. For critical listening I used to pull it away from the wall. I am planning to shift it to the other side of the room (only task is to shift DTH cable).

All pics are taken with Papercam Android software (I am amazed by its cartooning capabilities :licklips:). Will post actual photo shortly.

Sorry for using too many brackets (I like them :D)

1324803266339b.jpg

1324803245616b.jpg

1324803221482b.jpg

1324803349958b.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like a nice steup from the item list, cant see the pics though. WIFE is always a bottle neck in any of the electronic setups. Congrats on your new HT.

Nice one Santy,I was expecting photos much before.Congrats.
Lt.tower has less space.Does it boom?

Very nice setup, Santy! Congrats!

OT: Did you pick up Paper Camera during the $0.10 sale? I did. :p

Thanks guys :)

I was expecting photos much before.Congrats.
Lt.tower has less space.Does it boom?
Ya Spiro, I was waiting for
(i) amp upgrade
(ii) proposed lighting effects behind the rack and
(iii) an SLR from my colleague

Its taking time. So posted without them

Yes lower mids boom quite a bit. During casual listening I just skip the track when it booms. When I have more time for music, I pull the speakers away from the rack.

Does this speaker position gives you sweet spot?
No it dosen't. I am not satisfied with the current position. Planning to experiment with different positions (pun intended :D).

I have to meticulously plan and shift DTH cabling and rack at same time. My family will kill me if they lose a day of mega serials. :p

OT: Did you pick up Paper Camera during the $0.10 sale? I did. :p

OT from me too
How do we even pay such small amount by card? :D
Papercam was some Rs. 99 or something for me.
BTW, for Rs. 150, Camerazoom Fx any good compared to stock?

OT from me too
How do we even pay such small amount by card? :D
Papercam was some Rs. 99 or something for me.
BTW, for Rs. 150, Camerazoom Fx any good compared to stock?

Hahahaha :) I paid Rs.5 and change for Paper Camera. I don't use my camera much and this was a bit of an impulse buy, considering the discount. Camera Zoom FX is supposed to be the best camera app for Android. I don't use it myself -- I rarely use my phone cam, but most of the gadget blogs have been raving about it.

Nice setup there Santy. So, how do you change between Movie and Listening sessions? Change the wiring between AVR->Spkrs and Norge->Spkrs or you have switch in between?

cheers!!
Kevian

Nice setup there Santy. So, how do you change between Movie and Listening sessions? Change the wiring between AVR->Spkrs and Norge->Spkrs or you have switch in between?

cheers!!
Kevian

Thanks Kevian
Well, I have banana plugs for the front speaker cables so I just change them between movies and music.

I also have to swap the audio output of WDTV between Optical (-> DAC-> Norge) and HDMI (AVR), that's a nuisance actually. This option crawled in with the recent update; previously I guess both optical and hdmi had sound output simultaneously.

Sometimes if I feel like, I use the sub for music also, by connecting it to the variable output of caiman to the sub.

Will it not become a wear 'n' tear issue, if we keep changing those wirings?

The binding post on the speakers are of very good quality so no worries. If the grip loosens then I may have to change the plugs... Not so soon but.

Did you make this rack for Rs.6500 inclusive of material and labour??

Yes!

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back