My Dali zensor 3 initial impressions

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38504

Just wow! Got these beauties a couple of day's back to replace my polk RTIA1.

Just started unpacking them. So excited! Plugged them up to my Marantz pm6005. Was so eager to hear how they sound I didn't bother about placement etc. Just hooked them up, lowered the needle onto the technics and bam!

Some initial pic's! This thread will be updated as I go along setting them up, connecting banana plugs,placement etc etc.

Big thanks to the gentleman for letting me have these!

One small complaint. No biwire! :-(

36c2380511d0ec1c6bddf2b4e183379d.jpg

be9c6cf9d4d5671db1ea25710b55ec0b.jpg

5996fa1ddd90b1ce23b19af6078aac89.jpg

fc7cf07012e6aa98cdf34b4455f600cf.jpg

f947c01da55e5f43db6ba66f36aa2605.jpg

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

find some other place ( another room ) in your home for the 2 speakers on the floor

regrads

Oh yes, those will go very shortly :) it will be only the Dali now. The sub is pretty useless haha, but will keep the sub for movies I guess.

Another gripe, I got DAC banana plugs, but they don't seem to fit in the Dali. Are there sizes for plugs as well?

Oh yes, those will go very shortly :) it will be only the Dali now. The sub is pretty useless haha, but will keep the sub for movies I guess.

Another gripe, I got DAC banana plugs, but they don't seem to fit in the Dali. Are there sizes for plugs as well?
Wow Congratulations, they're a great bookshelves to own currently.

The ps4 & a cloth covering the upper vents of the Denon AVR is bit problematic with overheating issues and failing components in the long run , but I think you mostly clear up the cover and Ps4 before engaging the denon AVR, in which case its OK.

Yes krack, I do! When in use, the covers and ps4 go off! I put them back on after the AVR has cooled off a lil bit.

Can u throw any light on the banana plugs?

Yes krack, I do! When in use, the covers and ps4 go off! I put them back on after the AVR has cooled off a lil bit.

Can u throw any light on the banana plugs?

The routine banana plug is of 4mm diameters, there's a miniature version of 3mm and 2mm as well which aren't as popular.

I am using the Amazon basics gold plated ones since years never I faced this issue of compatibility with banana plug sockets. Have used many of the consumer brand bookshelf and towers in last 3yrs. I haven't owned Dali, so I don't know. What's the issue? is it falling short in size or its too loose to hold it?

Thank u!

Sorted out the plug issue. My bad.... I didn't remove the screw from behind the speaker to plug the bananas!

These things have some serious bass! And movie watching is so much fun! Connected with the polk 550 sub, it's just a nice setup!

bd1cb0571db3f9b66d04d04a9808e625.jpg

Congratulations... for the new speakers. I'm using Aurum Pro banana plugs from sound foundations (bought from Hifi mart) for my Zensor 5.The design is simple and good. U can check out that. Also Nakamichi banana plugs are good, which some of my forum friends were using.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Thanks rajith, I'm using the DAC got from hifimart. They for very well into the Dali.

I've noticed my polks were so much easier to place. The Dali is very fussy about proper placement. Still figuring out the perfect setting in the room for them.

Thanks rajith, I'm using the DAC got from hifimart. They for very well into the Dali.

I've noticed my polks were so much easier to place. The Dali is very fussy about proper placement. Still figuring out the perfect setting in the room for them.

TV in between the speakers reduces the imaging as it reflects sharply. If you are going to listen to music without turning on the TV, then you should consider covering TV with a thick blanket or rug. I have a similar placement of speakers and putting a carpet over the TV helped me a good bit.

Last edited:
Hi Celester340

Congrats on the Dalis.....i am sure they throw more bass than the polks....

You may need to angle them slightly...try different placements, same song or movie and check if it sounds right.....

The Z3s are rear ported possibly you may need to keep a certain amount of gap from the wall for smooth bass delivery ...else it will get muddy....

congrats for musical marantz + dali combo....
so cruel i am using zensor 3 as mere surrounds in my setup!!!

@ Murlidher,

I am sure you are enjoying the Dali + Marantz experience for movies....all channel stereo mode will definitely give you the music bliss most of us aim to achieve!

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back